Question
Problems with your HP printer after upgrading to Windows 8.1
Replies (258)

PhD Student
Dot4
Message 31 of 259 (2,457 Views)

Re: Problems with your HP printer after upgrading to Windows 8.1

jwingate,

I would run this utility and see if it helps.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-123410-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

If the utility does not fix this then here is a doc that might help

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c02790693&lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_us...

If this is happening frequently you might look at step 5 in the document.  If you perform step 5 and your using Internet Explorer 11 then follow these steps.

1. before moving to number 3 in step 5 look in the upper right of the browser and you will see a gear icon, click on this and compatibilty view settings.

2. The  compatibilty view settings the settings box will open and the URL(IP address) of the printer should be in the "add this website.

3. Select add and it will add your printers URL to the compatibility view.

4. Continue to follow the document

I was an HP employee

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved

**Say Thanks By Clicking on the Kudos Star**
Top Student
jwingate
Message 32 of 259 (2,453 Views)

Thanks. I will give this a try when I get time.

Until then I'll continue with the printer connected directly to my laptop via USB.

Thanks again.

Jim

Honor Student
christian10
Message 33 of 259 (2,425 Views)

How do I get my computer and printer to be compatible after upgrading to 8.1.  I have talked to HP service people and they seem to not know.  When is very interesting to me.  If I don't know and they don't know.....who knows?

PhD Student
Dot4
Message 34 of 259 (2,423 Views)

Christen10,

Which printer do you have?

I was an HP employee

Honor Student
christian10
Message 35 of 259 (2,418 Views)

Deskjet 1050 J410 series.

PhD Student
Dot4
Message 36 of 259 (2,416 Views)

Christian10,

Here is a document on HP.com that should help solve your problem

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c03958001&lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_us...

I was an HP employee

Tutor
pvsmith
Message 37 of 259 (2,409 Views)

I posted this problem to the HP Forum two weeks ago: 

I have an HP 3700 DN Color Laserjet and I upgraded last week to Windows 8.1. When I did, I lost all my ability to print from this printer. I have downloaded and uninstalled the latest HP drivers from this site, but they do not work. I have contacted Microsoft and they assigned me a Level II technician for two days and we still could not get it to work. I called HP and they said even if I was willing to pay for tech support on this printer, it was too old and the Support Forum would be the only place they'd help. 

So here I am. 

I have run the HP Print Doctor/Scan, and it cannot find this printer. I have installed and reinstalled the printer under the Devices and PRinters under Windows. Nothing. I have taken out the USB cord and put it into different ports. Nothing. 

By the way, I have a Kodak and HP 8600 printer also connected via USB and they work fine. So the problem is with this HP3700. Any ideas?

-----

Microsoft finally said that the HP drivers available on the HP website for this printer will not work under any circumstances. 

Does anybody else out there have any suggestions that I can use to get this printer working with my 8.1 Windows. Otherwise I'll have to keep a Win 7 laptop hooked up to this printer all the time and transfer/copy files back and forth to use the printer at all. 

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 38 of 259 (2,406 Views)

Hi pvsmith,

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial product. You can do this at: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/

I hope this helps.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Student
pclsc
Message 39 of 259 (2,368 Views)

I have a HP Photosmart c6300 all in one and the HP Solution Ctr part of driver/software is not functional.  Print and Scan Doctor says all of software is not installed on printer, but I have gone to HP site via the Print and Scan doctor and reinstalled full driver several times now.  However, apparently still not installed correctly.  "HP Solution error says installation is incomplete.  I am able to print wirelessly.

Honor Student
aj453
Message 40 of 259 (2,340 Views)

i have a deskjet F4500 all in one printer

Having upgraded to Win 8.1 my soution centre stopped working.  I uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers as advised, and now get 'file not found' message when I try to install.

i have checked and am downloading the latest posted drivers from the HP website

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation