03-18-2014 02:03 PM
MY PRINTER (OFFICE JET PRO 8600) TOLD ME IT NEEDED NEW PRINT HEADS. I PURCHASED SAME. NOW I NEED THE ORIGIONAL INK CARTRIDGES. HOW STUPID IS THIS! IS THERE A WAY TO GET AROUND THIS?
03-20-2014 01:10 PM
Welcome to the forums!
I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the printhead and now the ink cartridges. I am hoping to help you. I have looked into this for you and found a troubleshooting guide that I suggest you follow. Please reply back to me with any issues you run into.
03-20-2014 07:03 PM
The problem is not one of ink cartridges; the printer wants me to put the original cartridges back into the printer to initialize the new print heads. I don't have the originals cartridges. This is really a dumb way to initialize the print heads.
03-21-2014 08:35 AM
Thanks for the reply. I am trying to understand the situation as to what is happening. Can you please let me know the exact message on the printer, for example, is it asking you to install "Setup" cartridges? Also, please let me know the exact model number as I cannot locate the 8900 model and if the printer is under warranty. From there I will reply back to you.
Here is a link to help you find the model number of the printer:
How Do I Find My Model Number?
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)