Question

Honor Student
VKOV
Message 1 of 4 (427 Views)

REPLACE PRINT HEADS ON A OFFICEJET PRO 8900

MY PRINTER (OFFICE JET PRO 8600) TOLD ME IT NEEDED NEW PRINT HEADS. I PURCHASED SAME. NOW I NEED THE ORIGIONAL INK CARTRIDGES. HOW STUPID IS THIS! IS THERE A WAY TO GET AROUND THIS?

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 2 of 4 (402 Views)

Re: REPLACE PRINT HEADS ON A OFFICEJET PRO 8900

Hello VKOV,

Welcome to the forums!

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the printhead and now the ink cartridges. I am hoping to help you. I have looked into this for you and found a troubleshooting guide that I suggest you follow. Please reply back to me with any issues you run into.

An 'Ink Cartridge Failure,' 'Incompatible Ink Cartridges,' or 'Ink Cartridge Problem' Error Message ...

Regards,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Honor Student
VKOV
Message 3 of 4 (397 Views)

The problem is not one of ink cartridges; the printer wants me to put the original cartridges back into the printer to initialize the new print heads. I don't have the originals cartridges. This is really a dumb way to initialize the print heads.

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 4 of 4 (385 Views)

Hi VKOV,

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to understand the situation as to what is happening. Can you please let me know the exact message on the printer, for example, is it asking you to install "Setup" cartridges? Also, please let me know the exact model number as I cannot locate the 8900 model and if the printer is under warranty. From there I will reply back to you.

Here is a link to help you find the model number of the printer:
How Do I Find My Model Number?

Thank you,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation