04-08-2010 03:23 PM
My PC got wiped and so I wanted to re-install my printer but found that my installation disc had been damaged which has prevented it setting up the drivers.
I went to the HP site and located the correct drivers and downloaded them successfully to my machine but how do I enable the software I have downloaded - using windows explorer I can see them all on my drive but I cannot see a start-up file of any kind - can someone help please.
04-09-2010 01:13 AM
normally it's a file with a .exe extension.
sometimes look for something in front like setup
04-21-2010 12:56 AM
It could be caused by the download not complete. Please download your XP driver (if you are using) from here. It should auto launch after executing the exe downloaded. Otherwise, please go to %temp%, look for a folder with prefix 7z and with latest date, launch setup.exe from that folder.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation