01-30-2014 05:48 AM
I have moved from Asia (HKG) to Europe and have a HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-one. I have purchased and installed a new set of ink cartridges (at considerable cost) and once installed, have been presented with the error message that the " Printer configured to use 02 cartridges", whatever that means. I cannot get a refund because I removed the cartridges from the packaging. Searching online forums leads me to conclude that because I purchased the printer in Asia, I need to either buy cartridges from Asia or re-regionalise the printer. There is little guidance from HP on this on the web site so any help on how to do so much appreciated.
If anyone can also shed some light on why HP has such an extraordinary policy I'd be interested. We hear of globalisation; this seems counterintuitive.
01-30-2014 09:01 AM
You will need to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work. HP's web page on the subject is here.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation