Question

Student
DavidET
Message 1 of 2 (601 Views)

Re-Regionalisation C7280 Photosmart & Ink Cartridges

I have moved from Asia (HKG) to Europe and have a HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-one. I have purchased and installed a new set of ink cartridges (at considerable cost) and once installed, have been presented with the error message that the " Printer configured to use 02 cartridges", whatever that means. I cannot get a refund because I removed the cartridges from the packaging. Searching online forums leads me to conclude that because I purchased the printer in Asia, I need to either buy cartridges from Asia or re-regionalise the printer. There is little guidance from HP on this on the web site so any help on how to do so much appreciated.

If anyone can also shed some light on why HP has such an extraordinary policy I'd be interested. We hear of globalisation; this seems counterintuitive.

Thanks

DavidET

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 2 (591 Views)

Re: Re-Regionalisation C7280 Photosmart & Ink Cartridges

You will need to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work.  HP's web page on the subject is here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation