Question

Student
anneber
Message 1 of 2 (541 Views)

Regionalisation Resetting of HP Deskjet 3515

I bought the HP Deskjet 3515 with the cartridges HP Ink Advantage 678 (Black and Tricolor). I bought these back in July 2013, just before we left New Delhi, India.  A few days ago, I ran out of ink and so I had to buy new ones. We are currently residing in Cairo, Egypt. Here, the equivalent cartridges for the 678 is the HP Ink Advantage 650 (and it is even indicated in the box!).

Much to my surprise, when I installed the new cartridges, I got the message that both my cartridges were incompatible. This truly baffled me until I went online and read about regionalisation resetting for the printer. I called the HP Customer Support, as what most articles in the forum advise.

After reading so many articles about the unhelpful HP Customer Support, I braced myself for the call. Fortunately, I talked to one who seemed to be aware of regionalisation resetting. However, when I gave him the model and serial number of my printer, I was told that the HP 3515 cannot be regionally reset. It is only regionally set for India and cannot be changed at all. And that if I call HP Customer in India, I would be told the same thing.

Is this true? Other models can be reset but not the 3515 model? What sets this model apart? 

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 2 (528 Views)

Re: Regionalisation Resetting of HP Deskjet 3515

Hi anneber, I'll check up on this and get back to you....

Thanks

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation