Question

Honor Student
lloydkuhnle
Message 1 of 4 (1,854 Views)

Registration Window Keeps Popping Up

I sucessfully installed my HP C309G printer on my home network. I installed & registered the device on both my desktop, (wired), and laptop, (wireless). The printer functions perfectly from either machine.

However, I do have one little annoyance. On the laptop, both after a restart, and at random times, a window pops up asking me to register the printer. I ALREADY REGISTERED IT ON BOTH MACHINES. I then click in the cancel checkbox, and then in the "Don't remind me again" checkbox.

This issue only happens on the laptop. How do I stop this annoying window from popping up?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Honor Student
WQuilter
Message 2 of 4 (1,653 Views)

Re: Registration Window Keeps Popping Up

I have the same problem with my HP Pavilion notebook and my HP C309a printer.  I have registered the product numerous times and the registration window pops up constantly.  I don't understand why "Don't remind me again" doesn't work.  I am still searching on HP's website to see if I can find a solution to this problem.

Honor Student
WQuilter
Message 3 of 4 (1,650 Views)

SOLUTION FOUND!  I hope.  Go to the following website and the instructions are there for deleting the item in task scheduler.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01140636&jumpi...

Student
yvrett
Message 4 of 4 (1,268 Views)

I have this problem, and HP spent 2.75 hours and said it was my computer. Does anyone have a solution?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation