Question

Honor Student
TomasA
Message 1 of 5 (10,613 Views)

Remove the shipping lock from the black ink cartridge

[ Edited ]

I have followed your advice at

"HP Color LaserJet CP2020 and CM2320 MFP Product Series - 'Remove Shipping Lock' error message on control panel"

But this solution doesn't help me at all. The error message is still there. I have tried three different HP original toner cartridges CC530A - all gave the same error message - "Remove Shipping Lock". The strange thing is that when I change back to the old cartridge the printer works again.

Today I found that this error issue has been discussed in another forum here at HP:
CP2025 Error "Remove Shipping Lock"
From this thread you can see that this error problem occured in many other HP Printers and way back in 2008! This thread is in the Business Support Forums, to which I have no write access.

I have tried all other solutions discussed in that thread - without success.

Thanks / Tomas
Student
Rosenberg
Message 2 of 5 (10,455 Views)

Re: Remove the shipping lock from the black ink cartridge

Hi Tomas.

I had same problem and tried all the suggestions I goggled without success.

In my case the cause was a rebuilt toner cartridge (black). When I replaced it with genuine HP cartridge...

Try this:

1) Turn off printer

2) Take out all 4 cartridges.

3) Turn on printer

4) Put in one cartridge at a time and close.

That could do the job.

Maybe the printersoftware is 'confused' by the rebuilt cartridge (not HP).

I'm told that worst case this could mean a defect DC-controller in printer.

Good luck!

Regards / Rosenberg 

Honor Student
TomasA
Message 3 of 5 (10,445 Views)

Well - I hadn't installed any other printer cartridge then HP original. But after this error showed upp, I bought a so called pirate cartridge. But the error was the same. 

Student
luhongyu
Message 4 of 5 (5,960 Views)

great, this one works nicely, but still my new cartridge "is very low" which it is of course not. I wonder why HP is making this such a hassle to install new cartridges, userfriendlyness is something else. And on top, to find information on HP websites is a nightmare ... 

Student
jojo0625
Message 5 of 5 (3,738 Views)

I tried all kinds of combinations of removing cartridges, powering off the printer, and putting them back. No joy. Why is HP making this such a problem??????

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation