HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
03-07-2012 03:30 PM
The printers and software are different kinds...
Control Panel > icon view > Programs and Features > scroll down and look for the old printer software and remove it.
Then install the new software.
If you need to install the new printer software from your printer's website (you don't have your CD), then see below. You can also go to your printer's website to download your printer's User Guide (again, if you don't already have it), find "alerts" (if any exist for your printer), and find "how-to" help.
In many cases, you can (re)install the Full Feature Software for your printer to enhance its capabilities. The HP Solution Center is an integrated part of the FFS.
(Re)install the basic driver or Full Feature Software:
Drivers control hardware connected to the computer (wired or wireless).
Software controls the programs that interact with the User.
- Go to the top of the forum page to Support and Drivers
- Enter your Printer Model information, and then go to Software and Drivers...
- Enter your Operating System in the Drop-down menu... Scroll down
- Look for category Driver - Product Installation Software
- Select the appropriate Basic Driver or Full Feature Software – if available for your printer Save the *.exe installation package on your computer -
- NOTE the name and the location of the file when you save it. The *.exe file will likely save to the "Downloads“ folder.
- Install the Software / Driver installation package. If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package and “double-click” to install it, else Right-Click, Select ‘run as Administrator’ and install.
NOTE: There is sometimes a lot of information at the printer’s website manuals, how-to pages, and alerts for your printer. Be sure to take an extended look at what’s available.
I hope this helps!
Say “Thanks!” for the Help by clicking the Kudos Star on the Left
Fixed? Mark this Post “Accept as Solution” to help others find the Solution
Note: You can find “Accept as Solution” only on threads started by you.
2012 Year of the Dragon!
Click the Kudos Star to show your appreciation for the provided help or information.
Make it easier for others to find Solutions!
Mark my answer "Accept as Solution" when it provides a solution or workaround.
ALWAYS provide your Product Number (exact Model) and your full Operating System information.
If we know what you have, we can better answer your question(s).
HP will never call you on the phone and ask for money to 'keep your PC safe'.
Say, "No, thanks", and hang up!