Reset up of HP Officejet 6310 All-in-One printer, giving Unable to connect status (561 Views)
Student
Loneranger1
Message 1 of 2 (561 Views)

Reset up of HP Officejet 6310 All-in-One printer, giving Unable to connect status

I have just reinstalled my HP Officejet 6310 All -in-One Printer.  However when I go into the Printers and Faxes window and check the status of that printer is gives a status of unable to connect.  when I click on set printer properties I get a pop up that states "Printer properties cannot be displayed.  The Printer Spooler service is not running".  everytime i reboot the computer or turn the printer off and back on i get the the indicator the hardware has been detected and also get the prompt that the hardware wizard will try and install the drivers and asks fora CD, however i do not have the CD, it has been misplaced and I had to download the drivers from the HP website, which i did.  also after I ultimately have to click finish because the hardware wizard ultimately fails, the prompt from the tool bar states that the hardware was installed and is ready to use, but when trying to print the programs are unable to print to the printer.  The printer is connected to the computer via USB cable and I am looking for suggestions as to why this cannot able to be used at this time.

Thanks.

Grad Student
dre1023
Message 2 of 2 (531 Views)

Re: Reset up of HP Officejet 6310 All-in-One printer, giving Unable to connect status

first of all based on your situations it seems that you are having 2 problems.

1. your print spooler is not running automatically

2. you didnt install the driver for your printer and is just using the windows driver

suggestion:

1. go to www.hp.com/support and get the appropriate driver for your operating system and then afterwards save it on your computer and install it.

2. go to the services folder: start > run > services.msc > look for the print spooler (make sure that it is status: started and it should be automatically) if not right click on it and then you would see there those options

Dre
"I may not be the best of help there is, but at least i would try my best to give you a reply on your questions"

Please Click the KUDOS button as a sign of "thanks"

For Other Questions or Informations email me @ laijayadrian@hotmail.com
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation