Question

Honor Student
EMONEJAY
Message 1 of 5 (495 Views)

Scan Negatives on HP 6500A Plus

Can I scan negatives or skides on a Hp 6500A plus?

HP Support Agent
Jon-W
Message 2 of 5 (479 Views)

Re: Scan Negatives on HP 6500A Plus

No you can not scan those items with this printer. Generally you have to have light from both sides to properly scan a slide or a negative.  I know hp does however sell single fuction scanners for as little as 109.99 on the website that have the adapters built in for slide and negative scanning. There is also one for twice the price that scan 4 times the slides at once.

Depending on how many slides or negatives you have the more expensive scanner might be worth it. Generally a single function scanner would give you far better quality than an all in one as well.

Jon-W
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
EMONEJAY
Message 3 of 5 (478 Views)

Thank you. I was hoping that there was a way.

Tom

HP Support Agent
Jon-W
Message 4 of 5 (477 Views)

If you do some searching on google there are people who have homemade methods for this using a normal flatbed scanner. Obviously the quality wont be as high, and HP cant really support you if you have issues, but it may be worth a shot. This link is the one that i found:

http://www.abstractconcreteworks.com/essays/scanning/Backlighter.html

Jon-W
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
EMONEJAY
Message 5 of 5 (474 Views)

Thank you:

I was hoping for something that doesn't exist.

Tom

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation