Question

Honor Student
macman808
Message 1 of 6 (2,727 Views)

Scan to Computer not available on OfficeJet Pro 8600

After device and software installation, I attempted to scan to computer.  Scan to Computer is not available for setup in HP Utility.

I unplugged the device, waited 3 minutes and reconnected power to the device with the cord plugged into an outlet.  

Computer is still not found and Scan to Computer is still not available in the HP Utility.

I'm looking for a solution to this issue.  Thank you!

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 6 (2,716 Views)

Re: Scan to Computer not available on OfficeJet Pro 8600

Please read this post then provide some details.   What operating system? How is the printer connected - USB, wired LAN, Wireless LAN?  Are you trying to scan from the 8600 front panel or from the HP Scan utility on the computer?

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
macman808
Message 3 of 6 (2,713 Views)

Mac OS 10.6.4
Wireless connection
Scanning from front panel. However, scan to computer is not an option in HP Utility and therefore is not enabled.
Student
davidwmiddleton
Message 4 of 6 (2,708 Views)

Hope someone can help. Every day, sometime between 4:30-5pm, my HP 8600 somehow disconnnects from the wireless connection, and I get a message saying "Scan to computer is currently unavailable". But I'm also then not able to print anything or use the 8600 at all until I reboot my entire computer. Can anyone offer some help?

Student
Aquimone
Message 5 of 6 (2,522 Views)

Just installed my second 8600 Plus here in Venezuela and presents the same problem that the option for "Scan to Computer" does not appear in the HP Utility. Scan to E-Mail and Scan to Network Forlder options do appear. My other 8600 Plus installed in Maine-USA works fine and scans perfectly to computer. Hope we find a solution.

Student
acumenIT
Message 6 of 6 (2,117 Views)

I've got 5 or 6 of these printers that have this same problem. The device will work fine for a few months until one day it seems to have trouble connecting. Can still scan from computer using standard mac OSX printing software. I'll update if I find a solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation