Question

HML Honor Student
Honor Student
HML
Message 1 of 8 (10,276 Views)

Scan to Printer memory or scan to memory card in printer ?

Are there any HP All-In-One's to allow someone to scan a document straight to a memory card in the printer or into the memory of the printer,

The image or images could be transffered to a different location at a different point in time ?

Note: I do not want to interact with the PC at the time of scanning.

Associate Professor
Wi-Fi-Guy
Message 2 of 8 (10,282 Views)

Re: Scan to Printer memory or scan to memory card in printer ?

Many midrange and higher class HP printers that have photocard slots allow you to scan images store them as JPEGs on a photocard. For example, the Photosmart C63xx, C72xx and C81xx printers have this feature. Many of the Officejet printers, such as the J64xx printer, have this feature as well.

I use this method almost exclusively to scan and transfer images to my PC: scan to a card, then walk the card over to my notebook.

Regards / Jim B / Wireless Enthusiasts
( While I'm an embedded wireless systems engineer at work, on this forum I do not represent my former employer, Hewlett-Packard, or my current employer, Microsoft )
+ Click the White Kudos star on the left as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
HML Honor Student
Honor Student
HML
Message 3 of 8 (10,216 Views)

Thank you, very much for the response.

Thanks.

Honor Student
niiloa
Message 4 of 8 (9,748 Views)

Just tried direct scanning to memory card - SD - using my still pretty new Photosmart C6280; the scanning proceeds normally but the only file on the card I can see is the VFN. No .jpg or anything else! Wonder what I'm missing? No error msg either. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
Associate Professor
Wi-Fi-Guy
Message 5 of 8 (9,739 Views)

Scanned images are usually placed under DCIM -> 100HPAIO directory. If you didn't see it, it might be that your SD card's format is corrupted.

I suggest you reformat the SD card and try again.

Regards / Jim B / Wireless Enthusiasts
( While I'm an embedded wireless systems engineer at work, on this forum I do not represent my former employer, Hewlett-Packard, or my current employer, Microsoft )
+ Click the White Kudos star on the left as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Honor Student
niiloa
Message 6 of 8 (9,738 Views)

Big problems have often simple solutions, I guess - thanks Jim! I used a card from my camera and sure enough, the scanned images were there among all the other shots I had taken earlier in the DCIM directory!
Student
aich55
Message 7 of 8 (1,544 Views)

scan to memory card

Student
RHETT07
Message 8 of 8 (482 Views)

When I scan to my scandisk from my printer, it doesn't take.  The printer says that is scanning the document. What could be the problem?

Thanks,

Rhett

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation