Question

Honor Student
Hasland
Message 1 of 15 (12,240 Views)

Scanner Drivers for All in One OfficeJet HP 6310 for Windows 7

I have a networked HP 6310 All in One OfficeJet. I could scan from it in Win XP (32 bit). I have now upgraded my main computer to Windows 7 (32 bit) and can print to it but the scanner is not recognised. Do you have software/device driver to allow the scanner to work from a computer running Windows 7? Please advise

PhD Student
Dot4
Message 2 of 15 (12,235 Views)

Re: Scanner Drivers for All in One OfficeJet HP 6310 for Windows 7

Yes install the full feature driver from HP.com found at this link

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-76831-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

I was an HP employee

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved

**Say Thanks By Clicking on the Kudos Star**
Honor Student
Hasland
Message 3 of 15 (12,233 Views)

Thank you. I have an awful feeling that I have tried this one with no success. When was it released, please?

Honor Student
Hasland
Message 4 of 15 (12,221 Views)

Further to my last post it was the one that doesn't work. Are HP working on a new one? Please advise

Top Student
kaaallen
Message 5 of 15 (11,420 Views)

Hi,

I am having the same problem and have just tried the fix from HP as you suggested.  It still does not allow me to scan.  Do you have any further suggestions?

Student
Ludwig_Clement
Message 6 of 15 (10,924 Views)

Dear HP, the 6310 which used to function okayish for some time,  has been driving me crazy recently.

After the USB connection tried to install the printer several times, I switched to wired Ethernet, to no avail
SO I uninstalled HP  SOLUTION CENTER and installed AIO_CDB_FULL_NETWORK from the HP support page. That whole process took me roughly 3 hours.
 That worked for a day but now printer is going OFFLINE for no obvious reason. So I deleted the "offline" printer and was searching for the printer on the network. I do that daily now.  And scanning does not work. The HP solution Center reports "No HP Devices have been detected"
I am running Vista 32Bit on a HP Pavilon but my patience is running out and I plan to replace the 6310. Would the wireless printers be better ?

Regards

Ludwig

Honor Student
randan2000
Message 7 of 15 (10,917 Views)

[ Edited ]

My problem is identical to Ludwigs except I have a deskjet 6500 and running on windows 7 64bit. I have tried everything that has been suggested so far!! Please assist?

Randall

Honor Student
groves
Message 8 of 15 (10,742 Views)

My HP Officejet 6310, which worked with XP on my old computer, will not Scan with my new computer with windows 7, 64 bit...  I have downloaded and installed several "recommended HP drivers", etc...  Spent at least 1 day on this HP problem...  This is very frustrating!  Error message on the printer says " NOSCAN OPTIONS"...  Will someone at HP help me with this and point me to the "real fix"...

Honor Student
randan2000
Message 9 of 15 (10,723 Views)

Hi All,

Fixed my issue.......it was bot a software issue at all!!!! it was the USB cable, I bought a new one and it all works fine now!!! Even though previously I could print with no problems with the old USB cable it wouldn't scan (in either direction) with many varied error messages etc or it just stopping half way though a scan. I then changed the USB cable to a "new" one and it now work a treat.

Very happy now even thoiugh I had spent 3 hours on the phone to HP Tech support with out success.

So try a new USB cable.

Randall

Student
robkasz
Message 10 of 15 (7,196 Views)

scanner doesn/t work

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation