Message 1 of 22 (2,632 Views)

Scanner error during setup 8,[(5,0,0)] Officejet 4500 Wireless Windows 7 64-bit

Scanner error during setup -- 8,[(5,0,0,)]

Officejet 4500 Wireless

Windows 7 64-bit

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 2 of 22 (2,622 Views)

Re: Scanner error during setup 8,[(5,0,0)] Officejet 4500 Wireless Windows 7 64-bit

Hello Rogerdbert

Have you tried to re-install the software? If so does the error continue to occur?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Honor Student
Rogerdbert
Message 3 of 22 (2,616 Views)

Re: Scanner error during setup 8,[(5,0,0)] Officejet 4500 Wireless Windows 7 64-bit

Yes, I have tried to re-enter the software both from disc and over the internet. I still get the error message.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 4 of 22 (2,614 Views)

Hello Rogerdbert

Have you tried the HP Scan Diagnostic Utility? It may resolve the problem. If it doesn't work let me know, we may need to go through an uninstall procedure.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

Top Student
indie1138
Message 5 of 22 (2,535 Views)

Same problem,  tried the scanner diag it skips the issue of the "front panel test" error "Scanner error during setup 8,[(5,0,0)]"  with a yellow ! then tells me everything is working when it's not.  I ran all the updates and reinstalled several times.  This was working fine until I had to format and reinstall windows.  I need to get this working again.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 6 of 22 (2,533 Views)

Hello indie

By "scanner diag" did you mean the Scan Diagnostic Utility or the HP Print and Scan Doctor? If you meant the Scan Diagnostic Utility that has since been replaced by the HP Print and Scan Doctor v2.0.

Are you using Windows 7 64bit?

Does the printer work on another computer? This will help isolate the issue.

Top Student
indie1138
Message 7 of 22 (2,528 Views)

HP Print and Scan Doctor for win7 64.  The scanner works with windows scanning but not with the front panel or the HP solution center software. It worked fine before the windows reinstall.  any time you try to user the scanner (or even plug it in) you get the "Some software did not install right during set up reinstall the software" Scanner error 8,[(5,0,0)] 

The software has been reinstalled several times. All the fixes I could find have been tried.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 8 of 22 (2,523 Views)

Hello indie

Are you using the Officejet 4500 Wireless? If so have you tried the "scrub" procedure? It will clean the HP print drivers from your computer and should allow you to perform a clean install of the printer software.

From Original installation CD:

1. Insert CD into drive, and then cancel the installer

2. Open My Computer, and then right click on the CD drive and chose open

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. Run the L4uninstall.bat

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

9. Download the full feature software and drivers

Officejet 4500 Wireless Full Feature Software (Windows 7)

10. Run the download to reinstall the printer

If software was downloaded and extracted to your system:

1. Type %temp% in the run field

2. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. Run the L4uninstall.bat

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

9. Download the full feature software and drivers

Officejet 4500 Wireless Full Feature Software (Windows 7)

10. Run the download to reinstall the printer

Top Student
indie1138
Message 9 of 22 (2,521 Views)

no it's connected with a USB cable. and I already tried that uninstall method it still is not working.  Still getting "A required component was not found or was improperly installed. Reinstall HP Photosmart Software that came with the device, and try scanning again." 

Reinstalling solves nothing.   The front panel shows "No scan options... See documentation..."

Can't fix scan options as when ever you go to the Solution Center scanner area it just gives the "A required component was not found or was improperly installed. Reinstall HP Photosmart Software that came with the device, and try scanning again." and closes.  This is a driver issue with your 4500 and Win 7

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 10 of 22 (2,514 Views)

Hello indie

To verify did you run the HP Print and Scan Doctor 2.0?

Are you able to scan using MS Paint or Microsoft Fax and Scan? These use the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) services to scan.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation