Scanner on my PhotoSmart d110 does not scan to PC (45367 Views)
Top Student
edgarscharf
Message 1 of 34 (45,367 Views)

Scanner on my PhotoSmart d110 does not scan to PC

My computer recognizes the printer and has no trouble printing out any documents. The printer can scan papers to a memory card and makes copies just fine too. But when I select "Scan to PC" I get the message "Try scan from computer or see documentation. Press OK." The printer included next to no documentation, only the basic plug-it-in-and-turn-it-on instructions. Simple Scan said that it did not find a scanner, and so did Xsane Image Scanner.

I am using a Dell Dimension 3000 running Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx.

Intern
Intern
J_T
Message 2 of 34 (45,327 Views)

Re: Scanner on my PhotoSmart d110 does not scan to PC

Hi!

The Scan to PC feature of the printer will work if you install the full feature software and drivers. It will not work on just the basic print and scan drivers.

First, try downloading and running the HP Scan Diagnostic Utility Tool. This tool will diagnose your printer on what is the problem on the scanner. click on the link: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&lang=en&softwareitem=oj-89245-1 to direct you to the page on where to download the HP Scan Diagnostic Utility Tool.

If still doesn't resolved the problem, try uninstalling the basic drivers and reinstall the full feature software and drivers from the CD or you can also download the full feature software and drivers from the website www.hp.com and select HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers.

Top Student
edgarscharf
Message 3 of 34 (45,325 Views)

Thank you, but as I said, I am running Ubuntu 10.04, not a Windows PC. The HP diagnostics tool is available for Windows only.

Student
allielikesjazz
Message 4 of 34 (44,969 Views)

I am having the same issue (running Windows 7 on a Dell XPS 15) but the link provided leads to a dead end. Is there another (active) link?

Top Student
edgarscharf
Message 5 of 34 (44,965 Views)

Honor Student
kcoffey
Message 6 of 34 (44,104 Views)

I am having the same problem and have downloaded the full version. Wireless is working and I can print, but I need to scan a document to e-mail to a group.

Karen

Top Student
edgarscharf
Message 7 of 34 (44,099 Views)

kcoffey, I was able to get the scanning to work on my Ubuntu PC by installing the latest version of HPLIP from here: http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/index.html

I am assuming you are running Ubuntu or some other flavor of Linux.

Student
Kyros
Message 8 of 34 (42,890 Views)

I have a wireless photosmart d110 printer. It does all except scan. What is the problem?
Honor Student
Donna1295
Message 9 of 34 (42,576 Views)

Suddenly my HP D110a doesn't print anymore and tries to print from OneNote which I never use. I cannot scan to computer due to error stating that I should read the documentation. Everything was working fine and suddenly the drivers are gone from my computer. I tried downloading the diagnostics from HP and keep getting a blue screen.  Please help :smileysad:  Thanks.

Donna

Student
jazzywazzyli
Message 10 of 34 (40,980 Views)

hi i have the same problem, when i try to scan the printer says try scan from computer or see documentation. I have a mac so i dont know what to do!! please help!!! :smileysad:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation