Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

after pressing scan the screen says "scan to". What do I do now? 

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

Here is the solution for how to scan from printer LCD.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-and-Copying/LCD-list-needs-to-be-upgraded/m-p/263215#M8...

Happy Printing.

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

HP Recommended

I select Scan Color on my printer

It says Scan To

What do I do?

HP Recommended

Hi,

You need to install the hp software (CD that comes with the printer) first before following below steps.

Depends on the hp software, follow following steps to update the 'Scan To' settings to the printer:
HP Solution Center or HP Director
Click Settings , and then click Scan Settings .
Depending on your software version, click the option available to you:
Scan to... Setup
Button settings
Click Scan to... Setup .
Continue with the on-screen instructions to create a list of destinations for scans.
Try scanning again from the printer LCD.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

After I get to the scan to prompt - what next?

HP Recommended

I Have a new computer windows 8. My Scanner-printer is HP officejet 4500 wireless n-z, so I had to download the drivers in order to use it. Where can I find the Solution Center in the drivers? How can I Scan now? I tried to Scan but appeared Scan to!!! Where can i find the solution center to scan? Thanks

HP Recommended

i have a problem and i would like you to help me to update my LCD because i wants to scan something but i was told to updat LCD before can you help me?

HP Recommended

How to scan on HP Officejet 4500 wireless

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. There are few ways you can do scanning from the Printer

1. Use the printer control panel ->Scan,  if this option doesn't work, then

2. From PC, launch the Start->Program files ->HP ->Printer Model-> solution center and slect Scan for scanning

Or

3. Any third party applications like Paint progrm, click file and choose insert the image from scanner.

Or 

4. If it is connected via network, then you can use your browser to make scan, Here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HbWpgww5I-M

If any of above option doesn't work, then here is some troubleshooting steps

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportFAQ〈=en&cc=us&...

Happy Printing

HP Recommended

After pressing scan the screen says  scan to what i might going to do after

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.