11-26-2010 11:43 AM
I have a "HP Deskjet F4280 ,all in one printer/scanner/copier". I am wanting to be able to scan documents or pictures to my computer. My computer is a HP Pavilion a6620f PC and is fairly new ( 2 years). I have downloaded what was suppose to be a "full download of the driver" to do what I want to do, but I either don't know where to look or something??? Could someone please help me ?? I have looked in windows photo gallery and clicked on scan, but there are no options in the "window" that comes up. I initially wanted to scan a document so I could email it, but could not find how to do it... Again..
please help. Thank you.
11-26-2010 12:40 PM
Also I would like to add to the above post. I read my manual for my scan/printer, and I'm thinking maybe I should uninstall it and reinstall it to see if that makes a difference. I put the original disk in, but did not uninstall it or unplug the printer/scanner. The program seemed to just hang there. Could this be because it is sensing it is already there??? I get no prompts, it just sets there like it's frozen.
Then where do I go to uninstall it?? The manual tells me not to just "delete" it but to go to uninstall and do it, but when I go there I do not see a printer in the installed programs.... I am not sure where to just delete and put the disk back in or not...
Please help... Thank you again.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation