Question

Intern
sparkync
Message 1 of 4 (2,530 Views)

Scanning with "HP Deskjet F4280"

I have a "HP Deskjet F4280 ,all in one printer/scanner/copier".  I am wanting to be able to scan documents or pictures to my computer.  My computer is a HP Pavilion a6620f PC and is fairly new ( 2 years).  I have downloaded what was suppose to be a "full download of the driver" to do what I want to do, but I either don't know where to look or something??? Could someone please help me ?? I have looked in windows photo gallery and clicked on scan, but there are no options in the "window" that comes up.  I initially wanted to scan a document so I could email it, but could not find how to do it... Again..

please help.  Thank you.

Intern
sparkync
Message 2 of 4 (2,523 Views)

Re: Scanning with "HP Deskjet F4280"

Also I would like to add to the above post.  I read my manual for my scan/printer, and I'm thinking maybe I should uninstall it and reinstall it to see if that makes a difference.  I put the original disk in, but did not uninstall it or unplug the printer/scanner.  The program seemed to just hang there.  Could this be because it is sensing it is already there??? I get no prompts, it just sets there like it's frozen.

Then where do I go to uninstall it?? The manual tells me not to just "delete" it but to go to uninstall and do it, but when I go there I do not see a printer in the installed programs.... I am not sure where to just delete and put the disk back in or not...

Please help... Thank you again.

Honor Student
Redhatpatsy
Message 3 of 4 (2,090 Views)

How do I scan documents using an HP Desktop 4280 All in One Printer/Scanner?  I have a Dell Dimension E524 snf I use Windows 7.

Honor Student
Redhatpatsy
Message 4 of 4 (2,089 Views)

I have an HP Deskjet F4280 All in one printer and I use Windows 7.  How do I scan a document to attach to an e-mnail?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation