Question
Setting Up HP Deskjet All-in-One with Mac OS X Lion
Replies (41)

Tutor
chrisG85
Message 21 of 42 (2,077 Views)

Re: Mac OS X Lion

I tried your approach, but all of the drivers that come with OS X 10.7 are for Snow Leapord and have not been updated for Lion.  So I think we have to wait until updated drivers are available, then download one that might work with my printer such as the C 6340 series you suggest and then see what happens.  

Currently, I have to print to a file, move the file to my old computer and then print it from there.  No too slick!

If you can push HP to update all the drivers currently in use, THAT WOULD BE A BIG HELP as you can see from all the posts from Lion OS X owners.  

Student
nikor30
Message 22 of 42 (2,053 Views)

Any news regarding HP3055 ????

Is the network scanning working again, and or if not is HP working on that Problem ???

Intern
elgo
Message 23 of 42 (2,040 Views)

i received an email from them this morning. per that email: they will not be supporting the 3055 on lion 10.7.

i'm checking out vuescan but so far haven't been able to get it to recognize the 3055. anybody have any other suggestions for software? or tips for vuescan?

Honor Student
f5h5r966
Message 24 of 42 (1,746 Views)

Already tried what you said.  I think my problem lies with your step 3.  The PSC got installed only as a printer.  I don't think it was recognized as a scanner.  Already tried deleting it and reinstalling it twice.  Suggestions?

Intern
elgo
Message 25 of 42 (1,744 Views)

an amazing thing happened today. thanks to medelle at an apple.com discussion my 3055 scanner is now working again! as i state below medelle's brilliant solution, i didn't even have to reinstall since i had previously changed permissions. the scanner is back!!! it's working flawlessly (should i say So far?). thanks, medelle!

go to: https://discussions.apple.com/message/16178611#16178611 and look for medelle.

no thanks to hp btw!

Student
gatorbiker60
Message 26 of 42 (1,510 Views)

I have Mac OS X 7.2 - when I try to install my HP Officejet 7410, it tells me "the software is unavailable at Apple - try your manufacturer".  When I found what was said to be the solution and download and install it, the HP program still does not see the printer on the network, even though my son's Windows laptop does see it and can install it.  My Brother laser printer setup just fine - not the HP.

Student
giltaylor1
Message 27 of 42 (1,493 Views)

my old mac died, and i just bought a new iMac.  it came with OSX.7.  when i hooked up to my HP  7110 all in one, i get an error message regarding the age of the operating system and the drivers.

i followed the update directions on the HP page for drivers, it tells me to run apple software update.  i did that.  no driver can be found.  when i look up this issue in forums, i see posts back in July indicating full software would be available soon, yet i see none to down load nor with the ASU find any.

is there one yet?

Tutor
chrisG85
Message 28 of 42 (1,486 Views)

Unless this is a new printer, you are out of luck.  There is a list of supported printers on the HP web site.  Check that.  If it's not there, you will have to get a new printer, just like the rest of us!  However, HP printers are really cheap right now.  They make their money on the cartridges.

Intern
elgo
Message 29 of 42 (1,483 Views)

this works. no new printer necessary! it must be followed, painstakingly, step-by-step. it totally restored scanning use of my 3055 that of a friend.

go to: https://discussions.apple.com/message/16178611#16178611 and look for medelle.

Student
lloruss
Message 30 of 42 (1,067 Views)

I just switched from a PC to a MacBook Air and absolutely love it.  My only problem is there is no driver for my favorite HP Laserjet 1600 Color Printer.  Please let me know as soon as it is available!  Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation