Setting Up HP Deskjet All-in-One with Mac OS X Lion (36418 Views)
Top Student
jgimi
Message 1 of 42 (36,418 Views)
Accepted Solution

Setting Up HP Deskjet All-in-One with Mac OS X Lion

[ Edited ]

I just bought a new Mac Book Pro with the newest of apple software (Mac OS X Lion) it came with HP deskjet 3054all-in-one printer. As i pop in the software and prepare for it to be installed i get a message saying "unsupported operating system", it also says it only supports Mac OS X version 10.6 and later. Unfortuately Lion is version 10.7! is there anyone who was able to get around this? I have already tried searching for online updated Lion software, there is NONE to be found. PLEASE HELP, i am extremly frustrated. =P

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 42 (36,377 Views)

Re: Mac OS X Lion

Hi.

The existing HP full software packages currently does not support Lion yet,

For now, you do not have to install the full feature software:

1. Plug the printer to your pc via USB

2. Enter System Preferences > Print and Scan

3. Click the Plus sign to add a printer and select your model, it should appear. the device will be added with basic Print, Scan and Fax from Mac features.

4. after adding the device, Run the ASU in order to check for any updated driver (Apple > Check For Updates) make sure to install any HP update.

You will have to configure it by usb first as of now.

If you would like to connect it wirelessly, please complete those steps, then enter System Preferences > Print & Scan:

Select the listed printer and open the Print Queue, Open the Printer Setup located at the top and let me know if you may have a button to Show the printer webpage.

I will try to provide you a workaround to set it wirelessly, however it is possible only if the printer web page is accessable.

A full feature software solution for lions supposed to be available in the HP site within several weeks.

Please keep me updated for any need :smileyhappy:

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
jgimi
Message 3 of 42 (36,371 Views)

Thank You, your advice was very helpful. I really appreciate the quick reply. I don't mind using the USB for now.

Thank You! :smileywink:

:smileyhappy:

Student
s-salgado
Message 4 of 42 (36,368 Views)

Hi so I wanted to set up my HP DESKJET 3054 wirelessly to my MacBook Pro. So currently there is no software that supports Lion. I was wondering how I can still connect my printer wireless. Ive been breaking my head all day. Help!!! 

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 5 of 42 (36,320 Views)

Please enter System Preferences > Print & Scan:

Select the listed printer and open the Print Queue, Open the Printer Setup located at the top

Is there a button to Show the printer webpage, and can you access the Printer web page?

Please let me know, then we will continue further and try setting the wireless connection.

If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
LanceX
Message 6 of 42 (36,256 Views)

Hey Ive been following your guide to set p my printer on my Mac..

I just want to connect my printer wirelessly. However, after I click the setup button, it doesnt bring me to the webpage. Instead, it brought me to a page containing tabs of: general, driver, supply levels and utinlity. I wonder if you can help me somehow.
Thanks...

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 7 of 42 (36,243 Views)

Hi Lancex.

Please take a look uder utility, is there any web page link available?

Student
jhbaker3
Message 8 of 42 (36,196 Views)

[ Edited ]

I was able to set up the printer on my network wireless using WPS.  I went into Print and Scan via System Preferences and clicked on the + (add printer or scanner).  The printer showed up and I highlighted and got it to install.  I didn't need to connect a USB cable or use the CD.

Student
saulbrand
Message 9 of 42 (36,141 Views)

Re: Mac OS X Lion - HP Laserjet 3055

Installed OS X LION. HP Laserjet 3055 (All-In-One) prints but the scanner does not work period. The HP Director does not reflect the scanner or printer. 

Please can someone help as I cannot turn back the clock on the OS X Lion ugrade and really need my scanner to work.

Thanks!

Student
JABouts
Message 10 of 42 (36,062 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'm having the same issue with the HP Deskjet 3054. I was able to open up the print queue, printer set up, then utilities, and then from there it goes to another window where I can click to access the HP Support page. Is this what you mean by Printer WebPage? Where do I go from there? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation