Question

Student
rondao
Message 1 of 3 (471 Views)

Setting defaults on officejet 4500

How do I set my printer/fax to not go into power save mode?  when it does, I can't get it out of that mode unless I unplug it. 

How do I set the default to black and white fax?

Ronda

Student
rjdana
Message 2 of 3 (411 Views)

Re: Setting defaults on officejet 4500

My 4500 does the same thing.  I was on the phone 3 times with HP and each time they thought they solved it.  Went through several settings and set the timeout form 1800 sec to 0.    Tried just leaving the set turned off and when I powered it up it was in Power Save Mode. As you know it won't come out without unplugging it.  Since it is in warranty I am taking it back where I got it..OBY the place I bought it said another customer was complaining of the same thing.

Tutor
gwiesner
Message 3 of 3 (209 Views)

Re: Setting defaults on officejet 4500

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem. I tried setting the power saver timer to zero and now it is in power saver mode ALL THE TIME and I cannot use the piece of junk for anything. Replugging the power cord does nothing. I see this problem with several HP models and no one from HP has even tried to address it.

I bought a lap top at the same time and it is equally as bad. It has all kinds of problems, too, and HP has no solutions to anything. The only thing they ever said was to send it in and they would wipe it and hope that helped. {Content Removed}

I hear HP is in financial trouble and they sure deserve it. No one I know will ever buy anything from them!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation