Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hello,

I am trying to set up my printer to scan to a nework folder.

HP LaserJet 200 colorMFP M276nw 

OSX 10.9.4

WLAN (both printer and desktop on same network)

Here's the problem; no matter what I try, I cannot get the printer to scan directly to a network folder.

When testing the connection I either get the "invalid password or username" or the "cannot connect to network folder" error.

It seems the biggest issue is refering the printer to the right network folder.

I've shared the folder, but I cannot get a valid path name it seems.

The folder properties show: /Users/vdlely/Dropbox/max verhuur/Scans

Obviously this is not complete; I need to add the location of the machine, like: //iMac-van-AJ/Users/vdlely/Dropbox/max verhuur/Scans right?

No matter what kind of combination I try, nothing works. I've used computer name, IP, with and without login etc etc

What is the correct pathname in my case?

It would me MUCH easier if you'd added a simple browser to browse to the right location.

Please help me set it up right.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Aernoud

I see by your post that you are having issues getting the scan to network folder setup. I can help you with this.

I have provided a document for setting up the scan to network.

How to Scan: From the Control Panel (Including Scan to Email, to a PDF, and to a Network Folder).

Please try following the steps below:

1. Create a new folder on your Computer.

2. Right click (CTRL+Left click if using the Mac keyboard) it and then select Get Info.

3. Unlock the screen, set the everyone term as Read & Write, located under Sharing & Permissions.

4. Enter System Preferences>Sharing and then select, File Sharing from the left bar.

5. Click the Options button, mark the Share files and folders using SMB (Windows) and click Done.

6. Under Shared Folders, click the Plus sign and select the configured folder.

7. Make sure that "Everyone" permissions are set to Read & Write under the Users list as well.

8. You will see the IP Address listed at the top of that screen, take a note to configure it from the EWS page.

I believe by following this path template, you should be able to set it up.

// Computer Name or the Computer's IP address/Shared-Folder-Name

or

\\ Computer Name or the Computer's IP address\Shared-Folder-Name

Find out what the computer's name is by doing the following:
Go to the Apple/About this Mac/More Info/System Report/click software on the left side/on right side it should show the computers name.

NOTE: The folder must already exist. You cannot create the folder from within the Embedded Web Server.

To find the path of the folder where the scanned images are saved, hold the ctrl button and click the new folder
created/click get info/check shared folder/then copy the path of folder.

User Name – the name you use to log into the computer.

Password – the password you use to log into the computer.

Please let me know if that worked.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

anyone?

HP Recommended

Hi @Aernoud

I see by your post that you are having issues getting the scan to network folder setup. I can help you with this.

I have provided a document for setting up the scan to network.

How to Scan: From the Control Panel (Including Scan to Email, to a PDF, and to a Network Folder).

Please try following the steps below:

1. Create a new folder on your Computer.

2. Right click (CTRL+Left click if using the Mac keyboard) it and then select Get Info.

3. Unlock the screen, set the everyone term as Read & Write, located under Sharing & Permissions.

4. Enter System Preferences>Sharing and then select, File Sharing from the left bar.

5. Click the Options button, mark the Share files and folders using SMB (Windows) and click Done.

6. Under Shared Folders, click the Plus sign and select the configured folder.

7. Make sure that "Everyone" permissions are set to Read & Write under the Users list as well.

8. You will see the IP Address listed at the top of that screen, take a note to configure it from the EWS page.

I believe by following this path template, you should be able to set it up.

or

Find out what the computer's name is by doing the following:
Go to the Apple/About this Mac/More Info/System Report/click software on the left side/on right side it should show the computers name.

NOTE: The folder must already exist. You cannot create the folder from within the Embedded Web Server.

To find the path of the folder where the scanned images are saved, hold the ctrl button and click the new folder
created/click get info/check shared folder/then copy the path of folder.

User Name – the name you use to log into the computer.

Password – the password you use to log into the computer.

Please let me know if that worked.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

I got it working, but there are two things I needed to do in addition to your steps:

- In step 5, additionally enable windows-filesharing for the specific folder and user.

settings > sharing > click the designated folder > options > check the accountname as active

- find the correct user name. In my case, it's different from the name displayed at the login screen (OSX).

settings > users > right click your user > advanced settings > username

Got it working now, many thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

Thanks for letting me know that everything is working now and providing that valuable information Aernoud.

{Happy Dance :smileyvery-happy:}

Have a wonderful day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hello,

I must say I have never seen anything so complicated and time consuming since I work on Mac... This is simply unacceptable and I deeply regret buying HP LaserJet Pro 200.

I work on Yosemite. Step 1 to 7 are clear. Though there should be an easy and simple way to do this.

8. You will see the IP Address listed => There is no IP address listed.

Which one is it ?

or

I did enable windows-filesharing (though I'm working on a Mac with an independant printer - this shouldn't be necessary, right?)

My path should be : //frederik/Users/frederiksteenbrink/dropbox/Frederik Steenbrink/IMAGES

Could you please confirm?

Many thanks, 

HP Recommended

Btw. I use a MacBook Pro on Wifi.

HP Recommended

Hi @Frederikcs ,

I'd like to help you with setting up the Scan to Network Folder.

Here is another post that might have clearer instructions for Yosemite that you may take a look at.

Re: Identifyin​g the scan file for the Laserjet Pro 200 color MFP M276nw on a MacBookPro.

To get the IP address for the computer, go to the Apple, System Preferences, Sharing and then select File Sharing.
You will see the IP address on that window.

This is the information to enter into the Scan to Network folder from the printer's EWS, click the Scan tab, click Network Folder Setup, and then click New.

Network Path: \\computer's IP\folder name that you created.
Example: \\192.168.22.104\scan

Here is the document for setting up the Scan to Network folder. Scan From the Control Panel (Including Scan to Email, to a PDF, and to a Network Folder) for HP Lase...

Please let me know if you require any additional assistance.

Have a fantastic day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Gemini02 - thank you so much!  Your latest instructions including the additional steps for the MacBook Pro OSX Yosemite helped!  I'm functional now.

HP Recommended

I followed all the instructions.  I see the same area about the user name, which is different on login as opposed to in the MacBook Pro file, but under File Sharing...Options...I can't turn ON the username, it's greyed out!

Now what?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.