Question
Tutor
Message 1 of 62 (51,726 Views)
Accepted Solution

SmartWebPrinting.msi

[ Edited ]

On starting internet explorer smart web is looking for this file. SmartWebPrinting.msi  it was in a temp file but now has gone awol.

Does anyone know where you can get this file from? I have searched in explorer but with no luck.

Accepted Solution

Re: SmartWebPrinting.msi

You will be unable to find the file.

The only way to get rid of the error messages and closing all the screens is to uninstall SmartwebPrinting. 

Scroll down to the start of the blog!

View solution in context
Student
Message 2 of 62 (51,719 Views)

I have been chasing the same problem.  ..........no luck yet.  Most of the references to the .msi file are pretty ambiguous....   It started after an HP and a Windows update. 

Tutor
Message 3 of 62 (51,576 Views)

Hi Markfin,

Thanks for your info. Just to up date you.

I have tried to install the SmartWebPrinting.msi from the original HP CD. But because the SmartWebPrinting.msi on my computer is newer it will not install the old one!    :smileymad:

I think I will contact HP to see what they say.

Honor Student
Message 4 of 62 (51,451 Views)

[ Edited ]

I AM ALSO HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHEN IT IS SOLVED OR HOW TO CORRECT IT.

THANKS..........GARY                       [text removed for privacy]

Master's Graduate
Message 5 of 62 (51,378 Views)

Hi,

Which version of IE are using? Also, which version of Smart Web Printing (SWP) are you using?

The most recent version is 4.6 and supports IE versions 6, 7 and 8, and Firefox v3.5. Check out the SWP website for more information and/or a free download.

Miles
HP Employee
Tutor
Message 6 of 62 (50,502 Views)

Thanks for your tips. But the download did not work. I get the message that this has already been installed on to my computer and the only other option is to uninstall. But I have not tried this yet?

IE version is 8.

Smart Web Printing (SWP) version 1.0.0.0

Student
Message 7 of 62 (50,100 Views)

I am having this same problem.  I downloaded the latest smartwebprinting, but I still get the pop up and have to click past it three times every time I try to open a new Internet explorer page (ver.8), and even when I try to open control panel.  Any ideas yet?

Student
Message 8 of 62 (50,037 Views)

Just uninstall and the constant messages go away.  Of course no Smart Web Printing, but that is a small price to pay for no annoyances.

Tutor
Message 9 of 62 (49,841 Views)

Like you I have uninstalled smartweb printing. What a relief no more irritating messages - :smileyhappy: No smart web printing either but have I missed it NO I have not.
Student
Message 10 of 62 (49,286 Views)

Re: Congregationalisms

I have the same problem and it keeps popping up every time I start my lap top. I think it was a update? Now my all in one officejet j4580 won't even show up on my screen when I plug in the usb cable. If I hit the HP Solution Center button I get a message Passing error in file c:\Program files\Hewlett-Packard\DigitalImaging\bin\hpqscloc\1033.xml.

I've tried to uninstall the J4580 but nothing happens. from the program page or the change/uninstall page. I tried to down load it from the website. I tried to use my cd  which came with the product but nothing happens. This was installed in my laptop HP Pavillion dv6426us.

I am about ready to reformat the whole computer and reinstall the software

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation