Software stalled installing (225 Views)
Student
Screeme
Message 1 of 1 (225 Views)

Software stalled installing

I am attempting to install the printer software and the software gets stalled "Checking Network Environment" . 

A little history.  I have an HP Photosmart 5510.  Windows Vista(32).  The printer was previously working and stopped.  I ran the regular diagnostic and it said there was a Network problem, to use the network diagnostic.  I used the Network diagnostic, which connects to my network; finds the printer on the Network; and told me the software wasn't installed. Erronious! Software was installed fine.  I figured I needed to reinstall.  So I uninstalled the existing software, downloaded the latest driver and attempted to install.  (My actual CD has gone missing)

I have another computer, and the second computer prints fine from the printer.  I also have a Smartphone with the HP Printer App on it, and can print fine from my phone.  So, I am positive that my network, the printer etc work fine.  (Not to mention that the network diagnostic does find the printer when it connects to the network)

As it is now, when I try to reinstall the software, the green bar goes all the way across to the right when it is "Checking Network Environment", and then just sits there.  Now when I run the diagnostic- my current printer is not found.  (The older HP that I replaced with the 5510 is found.).  The Network diagnostic still tells me the software is not installed.  Lest anybody think I have not waited long enough, my most recent attempt,   I started the software install, got to this point, watched an episode of Team Umizoomi with my children, did the dishes, came back to the computer- still stalled.  I am at a total loss here; looking for some help please!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation