Question

Honor Student
babucap
Message 1 of 4 (6,436 Views)

Solution Center Install Failed - Error Code 2732

I purchased the HP6500 709n (wireless) device today and the install completed thru 96%.  After rebooting and following other recommended steps, it became apparent that only the solution center setup files failed to install.  I removed that component of the application thru add/remove programs but can't figure out how to re-install just the solution center.  Must i really remove ALL programs...everything else works.  The drivers auto loaded when i plugged in the usb...but i have no way of accessing the program to test scanning.  I also tried accessing the Solution Center setup files directly off the CD, but when i tried to install the installer package called "SolutionCenter.msi" - it issued an error code 2732.  HELP!!!

Teacher
Flymar01
Message 2 of 4 (6,364 Views)

Re: Solution Center Install Failed - Error Code 2732

I have the same error on the solution center msi 2732 wow I found someone else that is having that error the bad news is I still havent figured it out.  I got the basic drivers to install a workaround, but solution center wont even install like yours .  My printer is a photosmart c4680.  Been over 3 months on this issue. You might want to goto Solution center fatal error some sort.  Big issue on it. I found mine by accident I think I did what you did. I clicked on the cd and went down to solution center and came up with the same error. 

Since you just bought it I would suggest calling HP or chatting online with them as soon as possible.  I like hp and printer prints good.  But solution center is a nightmare to install.

flymar01

Honor Student
Mermaide05
Message 3 of 4 (4,279 Views)

I just bought a Scanjet G4050 and had trouble installing the Solution Center software.  After reinstalling several times, I uninstalled Chrome and Flashplayer 11. I downloaded Flashplayer 10 which seems to solve the problem

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 4 of 4 (4,250 Views)

Hello everyone,

For installation errors the Fatal Error article can really help. If you are getting the problem at 96% try the article below.

Fatal Error at 96%

You can also try what Mermaide05 suggested, it seemed to have resolve their issue.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation