Status.msi error message with installation of hp officejet 6500 E709n wireless (1583 Views)
Honor Student
ricksted1015
Message 1 of 11 (1,583 Views)
Accepted Solution

Status.msi error message with installation of hp officejet 6500 E709n wireless

This is frustrating.

I have tried to install a full software print driver for my hp officejet 6500 E709n wireless printer and although I can complete the process, I do get this error message: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable".

When I click "OK", I get a "Status: the path ....OK6500vE709_Full_14\setup\status\status.msi cannot be found."

I then get a third message that appears with every boot up of my hp dv6871us laptop: "Please wait while Windows configures status".  And...this is continually repeated ad nauseum. 

How do I find the status.msi file and stop this endless loop of error messages?

Tx

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 11 (1,577 Views)

Re: Status.msi error message with installation of hp officejet 6500 E709n wireless

Hi ricksted1015,

What is the operating system on your computer?

HP designed a quick and easy tool that diagnoses and resolves many printing, scanning, and connectivity problems: The HP Print and Scan Doctor. HP recommends that you download and install the Print and Scan Doctor any time you need to troubleshoot a problem with your HP printer from the link below.

Let me know what errors you receive?

http://www.hp.com/go/tools

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Top Student
jamu
Message 3 of 11 (1,532 Views)

Re: Status.msi error message with installation of hp Deskjet D2360

On startup of my laptop I get the popup "Please wait while Windows configures Status" which does nothing and on shutdown prevents Windows from switching off. It has to be forced, i.e., click on force shutdown

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 4 of 11 (1,511 Views)

Re: Status.msi error message with installation of hp officejet 6500 E709n wireless

1.  I understand that you get a pop-up window with that error message and it is constantly running in the background to keep the PC from shutting down but do you see anything in the pop-up window that leads you to believe this is caused by your printer's software?  

2.  Do you also have the Deskjet D2360?  

3.  What is the operating system of the computer you have (ex. Windows 7 64-bit, Windows XP, Windows 2000, etc)?  

4.  When you say it does nothing, do you mean that you cannot get the error to go away?

5.  What process does Windows say is running upon shutdown (be as specific as possible please - ex. hpzpnp40.exe)?

I want to make sure this is an error related to your printer and not another program so answer the questions for me please and I will be happy to help.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
Top Student
jamu
Message 5 of 11 (1,505 Views)

Thankyou for your help. I shall try to answer the questions raised in your mail.

I have the HP Deskjet 2360 printer. The OS system is Windows 7 (32 bits). The popup window appears at startup and cannot be cancelled. At shut down the message is "Status is preventing shutdown". Shut down is effected only by clicking on the "Force Shutdown" button. Since my post I am now getting a new popup called Tray App.Further, it says the path

C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\7zS0543\setup\TrayApp\TrayApp.msi cannot be found. I cannot find the installation package "TrayApp.msi"to install the product TrayApp. as instructed. This is almost identical to the "Status.msi" popup which I was getting earlier. 

I hpe this feedback will enable you to suggest a solution. Thankyou for your interest and time and look forward to your reply.

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 6 of 11 (1,496 Views)

Yes that is very good information.  Thank you for being thorough for me.  I have actually had this happen to me personally on my Windows XP and older Photosmart printer (different error message but same constant pop-up).  I was able to easily (but time-consuming I might add) fix my problem by:

1. uninstalling the printer from Add/Remove programs.

2. running Disk Cleanup from All Programs>>Accessories>>System Tools>>Disk Cleanup. 

3. rebooting the PC.

4. choosing a system backup option within CCleaner and then cleaning the registry using this tool. Click here and thoroughly read the reviews within CNET and opt to download the tool to see what I am referring to.

5. rebooting the PC again.

6.  Then downloading and installing my printer from the website, but in your case, here is the Officejet 6500 Wireless Full Feature Software and Drivers (the link is for Windows 7 32-bit PC US version). 

This can get very tricky at times, so I want to provide this very thorough HP document that covers your exact error message and their preferred steps to try.  Mine are slightly easier but a "tad-bit" riskier because I have provided a link to a specific 3rd party registry cleaner that you would use at your discretion (there are others out there).  I like it because I can back up my system first in the event something else was removed that should not have been.  I didn't have that happen thankfully.  Please read this document as well just to be on the safe side.  I am here to help (not make it worse) :smileyhappy: so let me know if I need to explain anything better but I think you have all you need here to get started.

--Resolving MSI Startup Errors--

Let me know how it goes!

Top Student
jamu
Message 7 of 11 (1,487 Views)

Thankyou for your help once again. I followed your instructions and the problem of popups is no longer there. I now do not have to force shutdown when I want to switch off my computer. However, I had to download the software for my printer twice, as the first time did not solve the problem. The second time I disconnected the printer from my laptop and that I think was why I had to download the software a second time. 

Top Student
jamu
Message 8 of 11 (1,486 Views)

Accept as solution to popup problem.

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 9 of 11 (1,460 Views)

I am very happy to hear this! .MSI startup errors can be a very hard one to try to fix but you did it! :smileyvery-happy:  Thank you for coming back and letting me know it works now!  Happy Printing!

Top Student
jamu
Message 10 of 11 (1,447 Views)

Printer working fine and no popup's. Accept this as final solution.

Thankyou for your help..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation