Question

Student
CM1987
Message 1 of 2 (217 Views)

TROUBLESHOOT SCANNER HP OFFICEJET 4500 DESKTOP

I HAVE A HP OFFICEJET 4500 DESKTOP.

I AM CURRENTLY HAVING EXTREME DIFFICULTY WITH MY DEVICE NOT ACKNOWLEDGING THE SCANNING PORTION OF THE DRIVER. I HAVE ATTEMPTED SEVERAL TIMES TO RE-DOWNLOAD THE DRIVER FROM YOUR WEBSITE WHICH THE DOWNLOAD WAS SUCCESSFUL BUT IT STILL DOESN'T ACKNOWLEDGE THE SCANNER. WHEN I CLICK ON THE SCANNING OPTION ON THE PRINTER IT STATES "NO SCAN OPTIONS. REFER TO DEVICE DOCUMENTATION TO TROUBLESHOOT. PRESS OK. " I'M AT MY WITS END WITH THIS FUNCTION. PLEASE HELP.

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 2 of 2 (191 Views)

Re: TROUBLESHOOT SCANNER HP OFFICEJET 4500 DESKTOP

Hi there CM1987,

Welcome to the forums:smileyhappy:

I saw your post about not being able to scan from the front panel of the printer. I would like to know if you are able to scan from the software on your desktop? Sometimes when the printer or computer falls into "sleep mode" it will disconnect the scan to computer function from the front panel.

Please let me know if you are able to scan using the software and also the exact model of 4500 you have and your operating system if you are still having an issue scanning from the computer.

Which Windows operating system am I running?

Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?

Thanks, :smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation