06-25-2013 04:45 PM
I have tried reinstalling several times. In each case the installation seems to finish properly with no error messages. I can both print and scan, although neither Word nor Publisher see the scanner. However, when I try to execute the program "HP Officejet 6500 E710n-z.exe," which I understand is supposed to be the main control program for the printer, up pops two text files of code. I am running Window 7 prof. 64 bit.
06-26-2013 05:23 PM
To start out sounds like this is a driver issue. I want to start with being sure that the removal of the software and reinstallation happened in the best possible fashion. I want you to follow my steps so I can be sure that we are both starting on the same page.
First if you use a USB cord, make sure to remove it (this is important). Do not plug it back in until the software directs you to. Then go through the Printers and Faxes, Programs and Features and Device Manager folders and insure that all copies, files, and programs related to the printer are removed. Then as directed, restart the computer.
In the START menu type "%temp%" and press ENTER. Here I want you to press Ctrl+A and hit DELETE. Some of the files will not allow you to delete them, skip those files and delete the majority that allows it.
find and install the FULL FEATURE SOFTWARE if it is available :
Install that and let me know the result!
Have a great day!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation