Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an F4180 printer and cannot complete the installation. All goes well for some time, but when the system is supposed to accept the printer it does not. I think this is caused by incomplete removal of other HP printer software even though I have used the HP and the Windows uninstall facilities and also deleted anything in Windows Explorer. I  am using Vista on an Acer Aspire 4920 computer. Can anyone help please - HP will not respond. Thank you. Tony

HP Recommended

Hi Jim, what registry cleaner did you purchase. I just purchased one but it has
not helped clean up HPreg entries. Thanks.

Jake

HP Recommended

I have the same problem too - the installer aborts again and again. I deleted the HP entries from registry and I use the uninstaller several times already, but it did not work.  Does anyone know how to fix it?

HP Recommended

You are not alone in this. I have an HP officejet J4680 printer. It was working fine with Windows 7 (64-bit) operating system. After the latest update from HP printer stopped working. I did the uninstall and try to reinstall the software. The installer claimed that scanner and OCR software is already installed but it is not. None of their cleaning utility or scrub works. Off course, the support has the same attitude as you described. They actually told me to purchase a new printer from HP since my printer is old. They would not respond and make promises but has no intention to help.

Not only that I am using an HP printer, I also has this printer connected to an HP windows 7 computer. You know, my next purchase will not be HP.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.