11-20-2009 08:09 PM
12-18-2009 06:13 AM
I tried several of the recommended fixes, including registry edits and re-installs. Then I discovered the simplist fix of all. I unchecked the UAC from Win Vista and the problem has not reoccurred since. I think the underlying problem is Win knows what it wants to do with the TrayApp error, but lack of install control prevents it from executing properly. So I recommend you go to Control Panel, open User Accounts and turn User Account Control off. This stopped the TrayApp loop on startup cold. As a test, I turned UAC back on and same install loop recurrs on start up. So it was off for me and I haven't looked back.
12-10-2013 03:48 PM
I understand you are looking for how to remove the tray app box without the disc.
Could you please respond to me with your printers model number and which operating system you are running?
I will then gladly look further into this issue for you.
★Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
ℜ a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)