TrayApp error (6027 Views)
Top Student
Claudette
Message 1 of 5 (6,027 Views)

TrayApp error

I have an Officejet 8500. I keep getting TrayApp error popup everytime bootup my computer. Tried deleting and reinstalling, did not work. Bought RegCur because promise to fix. Wasted my money. Any suggestions.
Student
rwpauli
Message 2 of 5 (5,932 Views)

Re: TrayApp error

HI,

I tried several of the recommended fixes, including registry edits and re-installs. Then I discovered the simplist fix of all. I unchecked the UAC from Win Vista and the problem has not reoccurred since.  I think the underlying problem is Win knows what it wants to do with the TrayApp error, but lack of install control prevents it from executing properly.  So I recommend you go to Control Panel, open User Accounts and turn User Account Control off. This stopped the TrayApp loop on startup cold. As a test, I turned UAC back on and same install loop recurrs on start up. So it was off for me and I haven't looked back.

Student
Nashunjul
Message 3 of 5 (3,048 Views)

insert the status disk , i have not this disk

Honor Student
nantotwo
Message 4 of 5 (323 Views)

How do I remove tray app box without original disc

HP
Rainbow7000
Message 5 of 5 (300 Views)

Hi nantotwo,

I understand you are looking for how to remove the tray app box without the disc.

Could you please respond to me with your printers model number and which operating system you are running?

I will then gladly look further into this issue for you.

Thank you:smileyhappy:

Rainbow7000
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation