Turn off 2-sided print on MAC OS x 10.8 for Officejet 6700 (1198 Views)
Student
whitesbj
Message 1 of 5 (1,198 Views)

Turn off 2-sided print on MAC OS x 10.8 for Officejet 6700

I have loaded the drivers and followed instructions BUT cannot find any place to turn off 2-sided printing as default on printer.  If I pull up printer then printer preferences then queue then settings there is no DRIVER tab to turn off 2-sided printing as on shown on SUPPORT web page.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 5 (1,188 Views)

Re: Turn off 2-sided print on MAC OS x 10.8 for Officejet 6700

Hi,
Please follow the steps below in order to disable two-sided printing:

1. From the application used to print, on the File menu, select Print. The Print window appears.
NOTE: The Print window might be minimized. Click the Show Details button to see all available settings.

2. In the expanded Print window you will find next to Copies the checkbox for Two-Sided. UnCheck the box.
NOTE: If the checkbox does not appear within the specific application print dialog, skip this step.

3. Click the lowest selection box listed as the name of the program (e.g. TextEdit)
Will appear as Copies & Pages within Microsoft Office applications.

4. Select Layout from the drop-down menu.

5. Set the Two-Sided option as Off.

Save the settings for future use by clicking Presets > Save Current Settings as Preset... the used preset will remain default till another preset will be used.

Regards,
Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
annlasko
Message 3 of 5 (934 Views)

UI to turn off  2-sided print doesn't show up under layout on MS Word for Mac 2011 . Downloaded and installed latest  OfficeJet 8600 driver.

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 4 of 5 (927 Views)

Also, if you are just trying to print normally, when the print dialog box comes up, select the drop down menu under orientation. You should see an option for "Layout". Select that and down below you will see an option called "Two-Sided" with a drop down menu to the right of it. From there, you will be able to make the changes. 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Student
loubeee
Message 5 of 5 (7 Views)

I am also trying to turn off 2 sided printing.  It suddenly started doing this.

What is the application used to print?  I can't find it to follow your instructions.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation