Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello, I have a terrible problem yesterday when I tried to enter the printer cable is not recognized by the computer at all and the computer does not give any indication that there is a USB or not I  tried to restart the computer and the problem still there... by the way am using windows 7...

i need help...

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

@7kemZmani wrote:

Hello, I have a terrible problem yesterday when I tried to enter the printer cable is not recognized by the computer at all and the computer does not give any indication that there is a USB or not I  tried to restart the computer and the problem still there... by the way am using windows 7...

i need help...

Have you tried the USB cable in another port?

Please identify your PC  and your printer.

Help us help you by providing information when it is requested. We really don't have ESP. 😉

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

thanx for quick replay :))

I have laptop dell inspiron 1520 running windows 7 ultimate and hp deskjet F4583 ... also i tried to put it in all ports and there is nothing change!!

HP Recommended

Hi,

@7kemZmani wrote:

thanx for quick replay :))

I have laptop dell inspiron 1520 running windows 7 ultimate and hp deskjet F4583 ... also i tried to put it in all ports and there is nothing change!!

Try another usb cable. Sometimes they go bad.

Connect the printer to another PC, even a notebook. to see if the operating system responds to it  That will test both the cable and the printer. 

Normally it is not a printer problem. Southbridge chips on motherboards do fail and even BIOS have issues.

Please try one or both of the tests to isolate and discover which device (prointer or PC) has an issue.

Keep us posted. 🙂

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Sorry to post on a year old topic , however am facing the same problem on all my laptops(windows 7)

I installed the F4583 driver , however when it says to connect using a usb cable , a message pops saying "USB not recognized" and I cant see my printer , I tried connecting to different ports and tried using other laptops but it didnt seem to work. I even changed the cable...

Btw the laptops are Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q890, HP pavilion DV6700 and DV5000

HP Recommended

Hi mialfarra,

Make sure that the USB ports you are plugging into are not USB 3.0 ports. Try connecting the printer to a USB 2.0 Port or try to update the USB 3.0 Host Controller driver.

1.JPG

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended
hi erico, my hp laptop(window 7) didnt recognise my hp laserjet 1100 printer using parallel to usb cable. I need you recommendation. Thanks
HP Recommended

Hi giddyheart1,

Sounds like you have a bad parallel to USB converter cable or adapter.

Have you tried a new cable or adapter?

Note:

The Laserjet 1100 printer is a commercial line product. For the best answer to your questions you will need to repost your question to the following links. 

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Support-Forums/ct-p/business-support 

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-LaserJet/bd-p/bsc-413 

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
I have hp 625 laptop runing window7 ultimate and hp laserjet 1100 printer. Each time i connect the two together, my pc reports that the printer's driver is not installed. I have tried senerals ways but nothing. Later, while searching via the internet, i discovered that hp laserjet 1100 printer doesnt have a driver. And again, it's not included in window7 OS. Sir, is there any way the two can work perfectly. Thanks
HP Recommended

Hi giddyheart1,

1. Open Devices and Printers

2. Click on Add a printer

3. Select Port LP1 or USB001

4. Click on Windows Update

5. When updates are finished select HP

6. Select HP Laserjet 1100 (MS)

1.jpg

I am an HP employee.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.