Question

Honor Student
derekd01
Message 1 of 3 (171 Views)
Accepted Solution

Unable to Connect My Officejet Pro 8600 to Network Due to Administrator Settings

Hi,

I recently bought a used Officejet Pro 8600 and I am unable to set it up to my home network.  When I go to set up -> network -> wireless setup wizard (and all the options in the network menu, and many others) I get a message that says "this feature has been locked by your system administrator or the person who set up the printer."  

Please help.  How do I get around this and unlock all the menu items that are locked?

Thanks a milion,

D

Retired
Cheetah12
Message 2 of 3 (146 Views)

Re: Unable to Connect My Officejet Pro 8600 to Network Due to Administrator Settings

Hello derekd01,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you're unable to connect the Officejet 8600 wireless because you're receiving a message "This feature has been locked by your system Administrator". I will do my best to assist you!

There is a Administrator settings through the Embedded Web Sever, but in order to access this you have to be connected over a wireless network. Unfortunately, you're unable to access the Wireless Setup. There is two options you can try:

1) You can hook up an Ethernet cord, then access the Embedded Web Sever.

2) You can install this printer on your computer by a USB cord. Complete the installation, then follow this HP document on Convert from a USB connected printer to wireless. Once this is complete you can access the Embedded Web Sever.

Once you get this printer connected, follow these steps in the Embedded Web Sever:

1) At the very top click on Settings, then Password Settings
2) If there is a Username and Password, please delete this and click apply

Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Have a great night! :smileyhappy:

I worked on behalf of HP.
Honor Student
derekd01
Message 3 of 3 (140 Views)

Re: Unable to Connect My Officejet Pro 8600 to Network Due to Administrator Settings

Thank you.  I appreciate the help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation