Question

Honor Student
derekd01
Message 1 of 3 (157 Views)
Accepted Solution

Unable to Connect My Officejet Pro 8600 to Network Due to Administrator Settings

Hi,

I recently bought a used Officejet Pro 8600 and I am unable to set it up to my home network.  When I go to set up -> network -> wireless setup wizard (and all the options in the network menu, and many others) I get a message that says "this feature has been locked by your system administrator or the person who set up the printer."  

Please help.  How do I get around this and unlock all the menu items that are locked?

Thanks a milion,

D

Distinguished Professor
Cheetah12
Message 2 of 3 (132 Views)

Re: Unable to Connect My Officejet Pro 8600 to Network Due to Administrator Settings

Hello derekd01,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you're unable to connect the Officejet 8600 wireless because you're receiving a message "This feature has been locked by your system Administrator". I will do my best to assist you!

There is a Administrator settings through the Embedded Web Sever, but in order to access this you have to be connected over a wireless network. Unfortunately, you're unable to access the Wireless Setup. There is two options you can try:

1) You can hook up an Ethernet cord, then access the Embedded Web Sever.

2) You can install this printer on your computer by a USB cord. Complete the installation, then follow this HP document on Convert from a USB connected printer to wireless. Once this is complete you can access the Embedded Web Sever.

Once you get this printer connected, follow these steps in the Embedded Web Sever:

1) At the very top click on Settings, then Password Settings
2) If there is a Username and Password, please delete this and click apply

Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Have a great night! :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
derekd01
Message 3 of 3 (126 Views)

Re: Unable to Connect My Officejet Pro 8600 to Network Due to Administrator Settings

Thank you.  I appreciate the help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation