Unable to change Language on officejet 6500 (5519 Views)
Top Student
Lith01
Message 1 of 14 (5,519 Views)
Accepted Solution

Unable to change Language on officejet 6500

Hi Guys,

When installing officejet 6500 I followed all the setup instructions and since it started in english I didn't need step 4 to set language.

Once setup was complete officejet reverted to what I think is chinese. I have tried the instructions given by HP but can't get any english at all.

Their instructions say to press the set up Button then the right arrow button until "Preferences" comes up, the problem with that is as I scroll through it's all in chinese and I 'm not sure which setting is "Preferences"

I ended up trying each setting and continuing on with their instructions but can't get any English.

Please help I'm at wits end!

Lith01

PhD Student
Binary_Zen
Message 2 of 14 (5,510 Views)

Re: Unable to change Language on officejet 6500

[ Edited ]

Try the steps below

1. Press the Setup button

2. Press 7 from the number pad and then press the OK button

3. Press 1 from the number pad to select English

4. Press 1 to confirm the language

5. Press 1 to select USA as your country (if you are in the USA)

6. Press 1 to confirm your location

Let me know if this resolves your issue

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
Top Student
Lith01
Message 3 of 14 (5,495 Views)

Hi Binary_zen,

Thank you for your help, I will try your steps later this afternoon when I get home.

I am in Australia so when I get to step 5 do I press 1 and then use right arrow to scroll through countries or is there a number I can press that will take me straight there?

My location is Brisbane so I assume the process will be the same?

Once again thanks for your help.

Cheers Lith01

Top Student
Lith01
Message 4 of 14 (5,479 Views)

Thanks Binary,

Your instructions fixed the problem.

Cheers Lith01

Honor Student
ctakeya
Message 5 of 14 (5,093 Views)

[ Edited ]

That helps with the device printer language...

but how do I change the printer software/driver language?

It's currently Japanese (most of it), some are in English.

I tried to reinstall, but it only helped in changing some of the Japanese

to English within the setup. I wasn't able to fully uninstall all software, probably because

I can't read it. I did install the Japanese language because the person using the

printer speaks/reads Japanese...but the person doesn't understand computer stuff

enough to explain what some characters are.

I hope you can help me on this.

Thanks,

Chris

Student
yeohgi
Message 6 of 14 (4,575 Views)

This is what I find after spend 3 to 4 day, because I face this problem too!! This solution is over the forum, and you will need to search around and around and around, most of them not have answer for this issue, but I found this...... Dissapoint to HP...................website support, their local support in phone or email also lousy..... Re: How to change the language when installing the Driver & Software ?!?! Options 06-05-2010 02:14 PM 2 years later, I am having the same problem. The solution that worked for me was to download the latest drivers from the website from HP. The drivers extract them selves to a folder which you specify. Go to this folder and edit the "autorun.inf" file. Search for the word "language". You will find this word multiple times. But only in three cases the word is followed bij a whole string of abbreviations of languages. Delete in these three cases all the language abbreviations that you don't need. For example, I deleted all but left "enu"; which is English. There might be multiple "autorun_xxxxxx.inf" files. Edit them accordingly. Succes!
hqm Student
Student
hqm
Message 7 of 14 (3,777 Views)

Thanks Binary_Zen !

Honor Student
tcrimm
Message 8 of 14 (3,641 Views)

Binary_Zen, can you assist with the same issue on an old LaserJet 3200? It prints wonderfully, but someone in my family hit some buttons, and the menu has been stuck on Spanish ever since.

Honor Student
tcrimm
Message 9 of 14 (3,637 Views)

Solved the problem from an eHow article, by resetting to factory defaults. Unplugged power cord, held down "enter/menu" + * buttons, and plugged back in power cord. English menus!

Student
jphp1234
Message 10 of 14 (3,439 Views)

:manvery-happy:How incredible that this has to be done in this day and age of plug and play!!  I downloaded the install files as suggested after deleting all installed files.  I also did a quick clean up on the disk and noted that the disk clean up utility will clean up install files as well temp files.  Anyway, it worked but I had to change the autorun.inf for USB - as that is the default autorun that is used.  Unfortunately, it also blanks out the wording on the initial page but I simply chose the first box and clicked.  Deleting all but the enu worked like a champ and the set is almost finished now!!  THANKS!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation