Unable to change print quality. Deskjet 3050 (1002 Views)
Tutor
moreins
Message 1 of 7 (1,002 Views)

Unable to change print quality. Deskjet 3050

[ Edited ]

Hello.

I own a HP deskjet 3050 and its connected via wifi.

Printer works OK but im not able to change printing quality. Options are greyed out or unavailable.

Btw, issue persists in different computers on the same network. All of them run win 7.

Can anyone please help me with this??

thanks

Andres

Honor Student
RandomGuest
Message 2 of 7 (927 Views)

Re: Unable to change print quality. Deskjet 3050

I am having the same problem with a Deskjet J110a.  I'm also running Windows 7 and problem persists on all computers in the house, Mac or Windows.  I get the same information that you have displayed.

Tutor
moreins
Message 3 of 7 (882 Views)

any updates on this??

Student
Pajeh
Message 4 of 7 (708 Views)

I have exactly the same problem with the Deskjet 2000.

By the way, does any HP employee answer the forum questions?

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 5 of 7 (688 Views)

Hello Pajeh

Try adjusting the paper size from the drop down and then select the appropriate paper type together with print quality from the media drop-down. Let me know if this works.

Otherwise what settings are you trying to choose and have you tried to re-install the software yet? Pajeh what operating system are you using Windows 7 like everyone else?

Print Documents 

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Honor Student
bluster
Message 6 of 7 (620 Views)

Solution was not provided to the problem.  The problem is that the choices for print QUALITY are greyed out (i.e. locked and cannot be changed). Please provide the solution to unlocking print quality.  Thanks.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 7 of 7 (607 Views)

Hello bluster

Try the following steps and let me know if they allow you to change print quality. It installs a second instance of your printer using an older driver.

1. Open devices and printer
2. Click Add a printer
3. Click Add a local printer
4. From the Use existing port select the USB option (or switch from USB001 to IP Address and then enter the IP address), and then click next
5. Click on the Windows Update button to get all support window 7 drivers updated
6. Once update is finished. Click on HP from left menu, and then select the Deskjet 990c from the right menu, and then click next.  
7. Follow the remaining instructions to complete the installation.  

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation