Unable to uninstall or reinstall C4600 (446 Views)
Top Student
SimonSudbury
Message 1 of 15 (446 Views)

Unable to uninstall or reinstall C4600

Hi

Please forgive me if this has been asked before. To cut long story short I dual boot Vista and XP. I had to extend the XP partition as it was too small and then had no end of probs recovering it afterwards. I used XP repair facility which thankfully worked but this has created a new partition letter for XP (E) when it was previously K.  Windows installer kept coming on and asking me to insert disk for Tray Apps/Smart Web printing disk etc but I disabled the add on and got rid of these.

I want to reinstall the drivers for my HP Photosmart C4600 but when I try and uninstall in Control Panel it keeps telling me that I don’t have access to the uninstall prog which is on drive K! Drive K doesn’t no w exist as far as XP is concerned but the repair must have left remnants of it when creating the new partition E. I’ve also tried to install from my disk but that recognises some prog still on K and asks me to uninstall etc. Clearly I can’t so this as K doesn’t now exist in XP.

I’ve deleted all the HP stuff fin the program folder but there are about 5 progs still listed in Control Panel which I can’t budge.

Can anyone help me out of this vicious circle?

Thanks for your time

Simon

Intern
lance_07
Message 2 of 15 (434 Views)

Re: Unable to uninstall or reinstall C4600

You can try using a different uninstaller to try removing the remnants; my favorite would be CCleaner (www.piriform.com/ccleaner). Usually they can remove the entry from the Programs and Features / Add/Remove Programs. Then all you have to do is run a registry check from the same program to clear up any registry conflicts.

Top Student
SimonSudbury
Message 3 of 15 (431 Views)

Thanks for the prompt response. I have CCleaner and I've tried that but no joy. I've used regedit and found some HP install/uninstall commands which were showing as K. I modified these to E but still the diak says there is stuff on K and the uninstall in CP refers to stuff in K which apparently I "dont have access to"

Do you think I can just delete these HP entries in the registry to see if that makes a difference.

I'm sure someone on the planet must have experienced this problem.

Simon

Intern
lance_07
Message 4 of 15 (427 Views)

Yeah, you can diffenitely try removing the reg keys, maybe that can kickstart Windows into thinking that the software files have been deleted and the Add/Remove Programs entry can be deleted.

If that doesn't work you can try doing a Level 3 uninstall from the printer CD / installer package.

*Put the CD in your computer / Run the Full Feature SW & Drivers installer from the HP website and follow the steps until it's done extracting the package contents

*Browse to printer temporary installation directory (usually a ~Temp directory) / CD directory

*Run \Util\CCC\uninstall_l3.bat

It should clear up the printer from the Printers list, remove drivers, and remove the printer from the registry / program list.

Top Student
SimonSudbury
Message 5 of 15 (425 Views)

Thanks again

Do you mean my HP Photosmart C4600 installation disk? (when you say Put the CD into the computer

Intern
lance_07
Message 6 of 15 (423 Views)

Yeah, that's what I meant; sorry for the confusion.

Top Student
SimonSudbury
Message 7 of 15 (406 Views)

Hi

Have downloaded and extracted the files as suggested. The only problem I have is that the CC Uninstaller doesn't seem to run. I extract the files to my desktop and there's only one which is labelled CCUninstaller. When I try and run it nothing seems to happen.

Soory to be so dumb!

Simon

Top Student
SimonSudbury
Message 8 of 15 (396 Views)

Hi

Just wondered if anyone knew how to get this CCUninstaller prog to work. When I double click nothing happens.

Thanks

Top Student
SimonSudbury
Message 9 of 15 (383 Views)

Hi

Just wondered whether anyone else was unable to run/find  the CCUninstaller bate file?

Or is it just me again.

Thanks again.

Top Student
SimonSudbury
Message 10 of 15 (372 Views)

Hi

Have run the levl 3 uninstall now and uninstalled registry keys but still get the "A later version of 32 bit HP CIO installer is already installed. Fatal error MSI.dot4wrp01 when I try and reinstall the software.

Think I'm going mad now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation