Question

Honor Student
firehawkocean
Message 1 of 7 (5,222 Views)

Using Black HP 564XL Black Ink Cartridge Only in Photosmart C6380

Hello all,

I was wondering if it is possible for my to ONLY have a 

HP 564XL Black Ink Cartridge

in my HP photosmart c6380 and only print black? Will the printer let me do this? I only need to print in black/white and dont want to buy any more cartridges.

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 7 (5,205 Views)

Re: Using Black HP 564XL Black Ink Cartridge Only in Photosmart C6380

All the 5 cartridges needs to be installed in the printer for it to function. However, you can change the printing preferences to print in black only. Bear in mind that the color ink will be used during the printhead cleaning and maintenance process.

----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Student
bux240
Message 3 of 7 (4,933 Views)

Ow do I print with only black ink on my printer, (HP Photosmart C6380)?

Tutor
vasucj
Message 4 of 7 (4,930 Views)

You can open the HP Solution Center which is the software for the printer and then click on

Settings >>>> print settings >>>> Color tab >>>>> select to use only the Black cartridges.

Even then, all the cartridges need to be installed in the printer........

Student
Raven0907
Message 5 of 7 (4,686 Views)

I have the same problem.  The photo black is empty but the black XL is full.  The HP rep on the phone said the photo black is only used when you are printing photos.  The photo black cartridge is installed, just empty.  I am not printing photos, only trying to make a copy of a b/w document.  Comes out blank.  Does the cartridge that you don't need also have to be full? 

DexterM wrote:

All the 5 cartridges needs to be installed in the printer for it to function. However, you can change the printing preferences to print in black only. Bear in mind that the color ink will be used during the printhead cleaning and maintenance process.

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 6 of 7 (4,676 Views)

Raven0907 wrote:

I have the same problem.  The photo black is empty but the black XL is full.  The HP rep on the phone said the photo black is only used when you are printing photos.  The photo black cartridge is installed, just empty.  I am not printing photos, only trying to make a copy of a b/w document.  Comes out blank.  Does the cartridge that you don't need also have to be full?

DexterM wrote:

Yes, the cartridges that are currently in the printer should not be empty. If they are, then they have to be replaced before continuing.

----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Student
mikeseargent
Message 7 of 7 (2,939 Views)

WHAT A JOKE! HP PRINTERS ARE CR*P!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation