Question

Student
Taffy7
Message 1 of 3 (1,550 Views)

Windows 7 and HP Image Zone

I just purchased a new computer with Windows 7 and am extremely disappointed to read that HP Image Zone is not supported by this operating system.  Does HP have a solution for this yet and are they planning to fix this?  I really love this program and cannot tell you how disappointed I am.  Any other ideas?

Honor Student
seadragan
Message 2 of 3 (1,486 Views)

Re: Windows 7 and HP Image Zone

hi i have old hp psc 1315 all in one printer i used on xp software came with image zone great program photosmart essentials is crap i got new laptop with windows 7 tried to install printer image zone would not install contact hp told to download fix downloaded software and installed printer did not work dont like photosmart ess contacted hp couldnt help so i took things into my own hands i tried original software with image zone and drivers must be run in xp sp 2/3 compadability mode it worked image zone installed but printer driver still not installed scanner copier ok but no printer image zone works but error message may come up must be run as administrator i love this program its the best good luck

Student
gyronutjoe
Message 3 of 3 (749 Views)

Re: Windows 7 and HP Image Zone

There is a way  to get Image Zone to work. You need to install XP Mode and Virtual PC onto windows 7. It allows you to run in XP mode. You can download it from Microsoft and they have instructions on the install.

Then you can install your software as I did for my 5610. So far it seems to work well.

I do plan to install other software in the virtual XP Mode that won't run in windows 7

Hope this helps.

Joe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation