Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I have windows 7. Downloaded driver from hp for windows vista. Once downloaded right click exe file and change comparability mode to windows vista. Install as normal.

Perfect install
HP Recommended
Above should read compatibility mode, iPhone predictive text is annoying
HP Recommended

After setting the compatability mode to Vista, as suggested, the installation fails because "The operating system is not supported.  The installation cannot continue until this is resolved".

I am using Windows 7 32-bit Home premuim.

The suggestion may work on a higher level of Windows 7 but NOT on Home Premium.

HP Recommended

This does NOT work on Windows 7 Home Premium --- see comment below.

The driver attempted was "setup_full_G3010_4370.exe".

HP Recommended

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/D​riverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=1849438&lang=en&cc=u...

setup_full_G3010_3 :   is the right driver for the HP Scanjet 4370 !!!!! for Windows - 7 

I mentioned the info to HP.

succes,

Erwin

HP Recommended

Yep!  The driver mentioned by Erwin above for the G3010 installed perfectly for my Scanjet 4370.  I have Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit).   I also notified HP so they can update the driver title to show up when a search for the scanjet 4370 is requested for Windows 7.

HP Recommended

OK - why am I the only one with an istallation problem?  I used the same driver as described (for Vista), set the compatability mode to Vista and the driver installation fails with a window stating that the operating system is not supported (I am using Windows 7 32 bit Home Premium)?

What do I need to do to get the driver to install?

HP Recommended

It's absurd that still after 2 years since the introduction of Windows 7, HP doesn't offer a driver for the Scanjet 4370! For me, never a HP again, in my whole live .:smileymad:

HP Recommended

hey dudes, this is what I did and finally works perfect!

Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bits)  🙂

1) The scanner is connected, came the warning that not recognizing the device

2) Download the driver Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bits) "HP Scan Diagnostic Utility"   http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=1849438&...

3) I installed "HP Scan Diagnostic Utility". There was a problem in the installation telling me that this could not install software on my PC. Clic on Cancel Installation. After noticed that my scanner was already being recognized by my PC but not working.

4) After follow the instructions of jan-gerard

5) Download the driver from ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL17370/cs-81006-1/setup_full_G3010_4370.exe

6) Open the .exe file with zip, 7-zip, rar, or whatever program, to a location on your harddrive.

4) Assume the scanner is connected, then WIndows 7 detects it but tells you it has no driver and it does not function. Click on the Device properties > browse to Hardware > Properties > Driver > Update driver > Browse manually, and enter the location where you unpaced the driver package.

😎 The driver will be properly installed, and the scanner works as a 'zonnetje'.

HP Recommended

I found that the Windows 7 drivers supplied by Micro$oft for the 4370 that were installed during installation of both Home Premium and Professional N (both 64bit) do scan from the glass just fine. BUT the negative scanner, the entire reason i purchased this scanner, is not available in them. I tried all the fancy tricks using Vista and XP drivers and either get no joy, or the same situation, I can scan paper, but not my negatives.

Yes i still need to scan negatives. I have 30 years of negatives I'm slowly sorting through and scanning when i find the time.

I've already abandoned the the thought of EVER buying another HP printer because of the problems and bloat that come with their drivers. Now i guess I'll have to take the same attitude about their scanners. I mean i understand that legacy support has to evaporate at some point, but come on, this thing isn't that old. I guess they expect me to go buy another unit since this one wont work as originally designed, entirely due to a decision HP has made. And i guess i will, but it will NOT be an HP product.

But first i may try a work around first. I'll pull out my old Win4Lin software and an old copy of XP pro and install it all under Ubuntu.

I've read that this unit doesn't play will directly with Linux either. Like i needed yet another reason to abandon HP, their spotty and erratic support for Linux is quite frustrating.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.