09-09-2012 04:36 AM
Need driver or workaround to install printer on Windows 8 Pro.
I'm also running Windows 8 Pro and I connected the 309a via USB and Windows installed its drivers. So both printing and scanning are working for me .
You should be able to do the same. Check whether device is hidden in device manager is not installing properly via USB. If it is, uninstall it, unplug the cable, plug it again, and it should install the default Windows 8 drivers.
1. Driver installed is "HP Photosmart C309a series Class Driver" instead of the HP's "HP Photosmart C309a series" driver.
2. HP Solution Centre does not see the printer - is it because of the different driver?
3. Cannot install the printer, as a network printer. HP's install software fails I believe after finding the printer OK and starting to install its own driver.
It would be really nice to get this resolved.
HP? Anyone listening?
10-13-2012 03:42 AM
I extract the setup files, and found the setup file in taskmanager during the setup process,but I still could not setup sucessfully with the [hpzdui40.exe] too,even set it(and the others) to compatible mode,why HP can not help ?
12-10-2013 09:21 AM
I am sorry to hear that your printer has gone "offline". I understand you are looking for how to restore it. I would like to help you and have looked into this issue for you. I have located a troubleshooting guide that I will post for you below. I recommend following the steps to help put your printer back online.
'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the Printer Will Not Print - Select your Operating System first and proceed from there.
I hope this helps you correct the problem!
I work on behalf of HP
★Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
02-24-2014 01:12 PM
See previous posting in this thread... go to:
And select your version of Windows 8.1 for the driver. It is supported.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation