Question

Honor Student
pattieb
Message 1 of 5 (346 Views)

Windows 8 and Office jet 7310 compatibility?

Got a new laptop with Windows 8 on it.

I downloaded the driver for the officejet 7310 one day.  Then went back to the laptop another day and hooked up the printer via USB and added the printer as the default.  

When I send the test page to the printer I get an error that it can't print.  I ran the HP wizard and it isn't even recognizing that there is any printers.  

Any suggestions?  Is this printer compatible with Windows 8 or is there some little thing I need to know?

Thanks

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 5 (342 Views)

Re: Windows 8 and Office jet 7310 compatibility?

Hi,

Yes. The printer is compatible with Windows 8. Try the HP Printer install wizard and the Print & Scan Doctor to troubleshoot the issues you are having.

Best regards,

erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
pattieb
Message 3 of 5 (335 Views)

Thank you thank you thank you.  The Install Wizard worked like a charm! 

Student
ranny
Message 4 of 5 (288 Views)

I have an issues on a windows 8 OS, I run can get the 7310 file to extract, but it will not download to my computer.  It just stops, no error messages.  I ran the wizard, the wizard locates the printer, says it is downloading the software, gets through the extract process, then stops.

what other fixes are there?

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 5 of 5 (282 Views)

Hey ranny,

If the program is extracting, then try going to the Setup file directly and running it.  Below are the instructions for how to access this.

• Open the Run command box by pressing the Windows Key and R at the same time on the keyboard
  • Type %temp% and press Enter to open the Temporary files folder
  • Open the folder starting with 7z where your printer's file are extracting to
  • Scroll down in the list of this folder and run the Setup.exe file located inside

This should begin the printer installation process.  Let me know if it works completely.

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation