02-13-2013 10:21 AM
Got a new laptop with Windows 8 on it.
I downloaded the driver for the officejet 7310 one day. Then went back to the laptop another day and hooked up the printer via USB and added the printer as the default.
When I send the test page to the printer I get an error that it can't print. I ran the HP wizard and it isn't even recognizing that there is any printers.
Any suggestions? Is this printer compatible with Windows 8 or is there some little thing I need to know?
02-13-2013 10:27 AM
Please click the purple thumbs up next to reply if you feel that my post solved your issue.
2015 Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
08-09-2013 10:08 AM
I have an issues on a windows 8 OS, I run can get the 7310 file to extract, but it will not download to my computer. It just stops, no error messages. I ran the wizard, the wizard locates the printer, says it is downloading the software, gets through the extract process, then stops.
what other fixes are there?
08-09-2013 02:48 PM
If the program is extracting, then try going to the Setup file directly and running it. Below are the instructions for how to access this.
- Open the Run command box by pressing the Windows Key and R at the same time on the keyboard
- Type %temp% and press Enter to open the Temporary files folder
- Open the folder starting with 7z where your printer's file are extracting to
- Scroll down in the list of this folder and run the Setup.exe file located inside
This should begin the printer installation process. Let me know if it works completely.
I am not an HP employee.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation