Question

Tutor
jamiet
Message 1 of 11 (17,173 Views)
Accepted Solution

Windows 8 drivers/software for C7280 Photosmart Printer/Scanner

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have a HP Photosmart C7280 printer/scanner. I have recently installed Windows 8 Release Preview and discovered that the software that I installed on Windows 7 doesn't seem to work so well. On the installer the only butotn displayed is "Exit" - hence I can't install the software/drivers.

Are there any available solutions for Windows 8 yet (even if its only beta software - I'm happy to give it a go)?

Thanks

Jamie

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 2 of 11 (17,153 Views)

Re: Windows 8 drivers/software for C7280 Photosmart Printer/Scanner

Hello jamiet

Try the following thread it may help you install your printer.

How to Get Your Inkjet Printer Working with Windows 8 Consumer Preview

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Tutor
jamiet
Message 3 of 11 (17,146 Views)

Hi Travis_C,

Thank you very much for the reply.

That gets me as far as scanning using Windows' built in scan wizard which is OK however that only gives me the ability to save as a bitmap, .jpeg, .gif, .png or .tiff.

HP's software that I used in Windows 7 alowed me to save the scan as a PDF which is what I want in this case. Is there any way of getting that software to run in Windows 8? Moreover, will you be brining out a Windows 8 version of that software?

thanks

Jamie

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 4 of 11 (17,143 Views)

Hello jamiet

I am not aware of the software plans for Windows 8. It is still a preview though and there may be changes later. You may want to have a Windows 7 machine on the side or dual booted if PDF functionality is important for you. I hope I have been helpful.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Tutor
jamiet
Message 5 of 11 (17,139 Views)

You have, thank you very much.

Intern
PigVomit
Message 6 of 11 (16,661 Views)

I figured out how to install the full set of drivers for the C7280.  Go to my post here:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Windows-8-Release-Preview/SOLUTION-Get-Win-7-Printer-Drivers-HP-Solutio...

Student
InHimITrust
Message 7 of 11 (14,499 Views)

When I installed my printer I wasn't able to find the C7280 model and used the closest thing listed which was the 7500 series. It has worked fine for the Windows 8 64bit.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 8 of 11 (14,470 Views)

Windows 8 drivers/software for C7280 Photosmart Printer/Scanner

For more information on how to install your HP printer with Windows 8, please see the link below.

http://goo.gl/a8qyY
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
MGhobril
Message 9 of 11 (14,274 Views)

Re: Windows 8 drivers/software for C309g-m Photosmart Printer/Scanner

Issue has not been resolved and I have been driving myself crazy and found out many others are also having issues with the HP software.  After install, the HP Solution Center states that "HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is NOT complete.  I ahve tried every which way to install successfully.  I have even removed all registry entries for my printer/scanners and did a fresh install of the driver.  It just PLAIN does NOT work PERIOD. 

Honor Student
MGhobril
Message 10 of 11 (14,273 Views)

On the last post I am referring to the above printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation