Message 1 of 3 (865 Views)

Wireless connection do not work on my HP M1217NFW

I just bought a m1217nfw printer and I'm trying to configure my Wireless connection.

While doing it, the printer detects My network as WPA/WPA2, I'm writing my password but the pairing is not being made,

claims that it cannot access the wireless network - therefore, I cannot proceed with my installation.

I'm using a D-Link router (Model: DSL-2760U/E1) with WPA2-PSK encryption.

More interesting is that even while I disable any encryption and make it an open network the connection is still unsuccessful.

You help is required,

Many thanks - Eliran.

Message 2 of 3 (855 Views)

Re: Wireless connection do not work on my HP M1217NFW

[ Edited ]

Hi Eliran,

HP designed a quick and easy tool that diagnoses and resolves many printing, scanning, and connectivity problems: The HP Print and Scan Doctor. HP recommends that you download and install the Print and Scan Doctor any time you need to troubleshoot a problem with your HP printer from the link below.

Let me know what errors you receive?

This document explains how to install the print drivers and other software for your HP product on a wireless or wired (Ethernet) network. The wireless setup instructions are specific to a wireless network that uses an access point
A device, such as a wireless router, that allows wireless-capable devices (like your HP product) to connect to your wireless network.
(infrastructure network). This document also explains how to change your product from a USB install to a network install.
I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Message 3 of 3 (842 Views)

Re: Wireless connection do not work on my HP M1217NFW

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation