Question

Student
Eliran
Message 1 of 3 (605 Views)

Wireless connection do not work on my HP M1217NFW

Hello,

I just bought a m1217nfw printer and I'm trying to configure my Wireless connection.

While doing it, the printer detects My network as WPA/WPA2, I'm writing my password but the pairing is not being made,

claims that it cannot access the wireless network - therefore, I cannot proceed with my installation.

I'm using a D-Link router (Model: DSL-2760U/E1) with WPA2-PSK encryption.

More interesting is that even while I disable any encryption and make it an open network the connection is still unsuccessful.

You help is required,

Many thanks - Eliran.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 3 (595 Views)

Re: Wireless connection do not work on my HP M1217NFW

[ Edited ]

Hi Eliran,

HP designed a quick and easy tool that diagnoses and resolves many printing, scanning, and connectivity problems: The HP Print and Scan Doctor. HP recommends that you download and install the Print and Scan Doctor any time you need to troubleshoot a problem with your HP printer from the link below.

Let me know what errors you receive?

http://www.hp.com/go/tools

This document explains how to install the print drivers and other software for your HP product on a wireless or wired (Ethernet) network. The wireless setup instructions are specific to a wireless network that uses an access point
A device, such as a wireless router, that allows wireless-capable devices (like your HP product) to connect to your wireless network.
(infrastructure network). This document also explains how to change your product from a USB install to a network install.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Provost
pcwizard
Message 3 of 3 (582 Views)

Re: Wireless connection do not work on my HP M1217NFW

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation