Question

Top Student
wkusigep460
Message 1 of 10 (18,451 Views)

Wireless not working

Hello,

I have a C4385 All-In-One. I have setup the wireless, ran a Wireless Network Test directly from the printer, and it PASSed every test. At the bottom of the sheet, it even says "Congratulations on the successful setup of your wireless printer!" However, when I open the HP Solution Center and click on the printer "Status," it tells me that the "HP Photosmart C4380 series disconnected." I am able to print with the USB cord, but I'd rather print wirelessly. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Intern
alyssa
Message 2 of 10 (18,423 Views)

Re: Wireless not working

hi,

You need to add the printer on the wilreless n/w,so insert the disc & select add a device & then select netowrk,it will not find the printer on n/w,click next & follow the on screen instruction,i.e,connect the usb cable,after the printer is detected on the n/w it will instruct you to disconnect the usb cabel,finish the installation. 

The printer will be on wireless.

Student
RicoPico
Message 3 of 10 (18,181 Views)

I have a similar problem.  I'm able to connect the printer to my wired network no problem, but when i try to connect to it via wireless i cant ping/html to it.  Am i supposed to be able to ping to it?  All laptops on my wireless work fine.  any suggestions?
Associate Professor
Wi-Fi-Guy
Message 4 of 10 (18,144 Views)

What kind of printer do you have?

What kind of wireless-router do you have?

What OS do you run on your laptops? 

Regards / Jim B / Wireless Enthusiasts
( While I'm an embedded wireless systems engineer at work, on this forum I do not represent my former employer, Hewlett-Packard, or my current employer, Microsoft )
+ Click the White Kudos star on the left as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Honor Student
babbs
Message 5 of 10 (18,134 Views)

I had to set up wireless on the actual printer control panel...you almost have to use a flashlight to read it. The instructions never say this.
Teacher
kevin_techno
Message 6 of 10 (16,225 Views)

Your wireless printer might frequently lose its communication with the computer and hence might not print all the documents when you want. Such an issue arises when there is interference in the wireless signals between the printer and the computer. This could be caused by any other wireless device kept in the vicinity of your printer like a cordless phone. Keep all other wireless devices way from the printer set-up to tackle this issue. Also bear in mind that if your system is turned on for hibernation mode then it would disconnect your printer the moment it goes into hibernation. get more help for HP Wireless Printer Problems .Hope this helps you.

Honor Student
ofick
Message 7 of 10 (16,140 Views)

My problem is with my new P1102w and the problem appears to be the printer not waking up from the power saving mode.  Once the printer goes into this mode, I am not able to wake it up wirelessly from any of the three computer on my home network.  This is the second new printer of this model that I have had with this problem.  When I returned the first one to Staples they told me that other had returned their same model printers for the same reason.  The printer works flawlessly when hard wired the roug the USB port.  I suspect this may be a flaw in the wake up software or circuitry.  I have not been able to get any help over the web.

Top Student
MikeSt
Message 8 of 10 (10,645 Views)

ofick,

I'll bet you're having my problem -- and I have a fix.  Go here and look for my 7/1/11 post that begins w/ "Ah.":

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-and/Officejet-4500-continuously-goes-offline...

Student
gwb33
Message 9 of 10 (3,631 Views)

i have a hp officejet 6700 printer and it had gotten turned off for awhile because i had not needed to use it. when i turned it on to print something off the internet it would not print just gave an unable to communicat with printer. so i ran a network test and therde is no problem it shows to be connected but nothing a hp tech or dlink tech could do to get it to print from the internet or document file. I have tried everything i know. HP wants to send me a replacement printer but is there a glitz in this model printer and will this just continue to happen. I bought the printer online from Best Buy in mid July 2012.

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 10 of 10 (3,370 Views)

gwb33

This article should help with your printer offline error:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02221706&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

Give the steps outlined a try and let us know if it helps.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation