b210 top of page cut (305 Views)
Top Student
dzseti
Message 1 of 14 (305 Views)

b210 top of page cut

I am printing from Word 2010 labels with a zero margin set. Print preview shows that the page will print perfectly however the top 15 pixels or so are cut off from the top of the page. The same happens if I print the same page from Adobe Reader. I do not get this problem on other printers using the same computer.

I am using a Photosmart Plus 210  with Windows 7

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 14 (296 Views)

Re: b210 top of page cut

Hi dzseti, 

What happens if you try printing the labels from Wordpad?

Follow the steps in the document below.

Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Top Student
dzseti
Message 3 of 14 (290 Views)

Same problem ... exactly the same issue!! :smileymad:

Provost
pcwizard
Message 4 of 14 (288 Views)

Hi dzseti, 

Lets check to see if we are having a hardware issue with the printer or software issue. Install the printer on a different computer, and then let me know if you still experience the same issues?

I am an HP employee.

Top Student
dzseti
Message 5 of 14 (282 Views)

Same printer, different PC (hp not Acer), latest drivers, and same problem ....

Provost
pcwizard
Message 6 of 14 (280 Views)

Hi dzseti, 

Ok, this appears to be an issue with the printer hardware not feeding the paper into the printer correctly. Follow the steps below to clean the paper pickup rollers.

Clean the rollers

Dust, paper fiber, and other debris might accumulate on the paper feed rollers and cause paper jams and paper feed issues. Follow these steps to clean the paper feed rollers.

Step one: Clean the rollers

1. Gather the following materials:

2. A clean, lint-free cloth, or any cloth that will not come apart or leave fibers
  3. Distilled, filtered, or bottled water (tap water might damage the product)
  4. Press the Power button ( ) to turn off the product.
  5. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
  6. Press in the tab on the left side of the rear access door, and then pull the door away from the product to remove it.
    Figure 12: Remove the rear access door
    Illustration of removing the rear access door
  7. Lightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth with bottled or distilled water, and then squeeze any excess liquid from the cloth.
  8. Press the cloth against the rollers and rotate them upwards with your fingers. Apply a moderate amount of pressure to remove any dust or dirt buildup.
    Figure 13: Clean the rollers
    Illustration of the rollers in the rear of the product
  9. Allow the rollers to dry for 10 or 15 minutes.
  10. Check the rollers on the rear access door. Make sure that the rollers are not missing, that they turn easily, and that they are springy when you press them. If the rollers are damaged, replace the door.
    Figure 14: Check the rollers on the rear access door
    Photograph of rollers on the rear access door
  11. Gently push the rear access door into the product until it snaps firmly into place.
  12. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
  13. If the product does not turn on automatically, press the Power button ( ) to turn it on.

The following video demonstrates how to print a printer status report.
     NOTE:This video shows the HP Photosmart Plus e-All-in-One (B210a) printer. The outside of the printer might not look the same as your printer, but the steps are the same.

I am an HP employee.

Top Student
dzseti
Message 7 of 14 (274 Views)

Guide wheels cleaned and printer status report printed ... and still same problem with labels printing (fine on print preview just not working on paper)

Provost
pcwizard
Message 8 of 14 (270 Views)

Hi dzseti, 

You are only having this issue with Label printing? I was under the impression that this was happening with all paper types. 

If you are just having the issue with the label layout you will need to verify that you are using the correct template for the media, and then you may need to adjust the margins within the printing application. You may also want to try printing the labels from Wordpad to see if you get the same results. Check out the following document below.

The Top Margin Varies 6.34 to 12.7 mm (0.25 to 0.5 in.) When Printing on Avery Labels

I am an HP employee.

Top Student
dzseti
Message 9 of 14 (264 Views)

I have set margins to zero and ignored the warning about printing in these regions. Microsoft Word, Adobe Reader and WordPad all produce the same results. Where available print preview shows everything laid out just as it should be but the printer justs cuts off the top of the page.

Is this a badly programmed driver for the printer?

Top Student
dzseti
Message 10 of 14 (262 Views)

I checked out the attached link too - this cannot be the cause of the problem since I get the same issue with normal paper too (no slipping in the feeder)

Seems to point more and more to a bad driver by hp ...

Will I have to adjust margins manually to deal with basically bad programming?!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation