Question

Honor Student
Lilgypsy
Message 1 of 3 (552 Views)

black ink wont print hp photosmart 5510

HELP PLEASE!

I have an almost new Hp photosmart 5510 all in one printer that wont print black ink. All ink cartridges are new and full.

I have done all the troubleshooting I can find on the website and forum so far. I even exchanged the new ink cartridge for another hoping that it was a bunk cartridge.

The old cartridge was taken out to install a new one initially, but then I discovered the wrong ink was purchased. So had to purchase the right one a day and a half later. Did I mess up something by leaving the ink cartridge out before installing the new one?

What do I do? Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks!

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 3 (547 Views)

Re: black ink wont print hp photosmart 5510

Leaving the cartridge out for a day could cause the printhead to clog.  The troubleshooting steps in this document (especially step 4, cleaning the printhead) may resolve the issue.  If the above does not fix the problem the post here may help.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
Lilgypsy
Message 3 of 3 (540 Views)

Re: black ink wont print hp photosmart 5510

I've already tried the troubleshooting and read the link about cleaning. My model is one that does not have the removable cartridge carriage... so how do I clean it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation