Question

Honor Student
Gasdoc
Message 1 of 7 (132 Views)

c309a installation

My c309a worked perfectly on my old PC, but when I try to install iton my 110-052(win8) the preferences menu is corrupted.  It has blamk tabs and some ?Japanese characters.  I have downloaded the latest software and reinstalled after uninstalling everything, but the result is always the same.

Retired
Cheetah12
Message 2 of 7 (108 Views)

Re: c309a installation

[ Edited ]

Hello Gasdoc,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand the printer preferences is Japanese letters. I will do my best to assist you! Follow these steps in order to try and resolve this issue. Are you receiving this issue when printing from certain program(s) as well?

Please perform a "Level Three Uninstall" on your computer:

a) On the keyboard, hit the Windows and "R" key together, then type %temp% and hit enter.
b) Locate the correct folder starting with "7z" (the correct folder contains "Util" and "CCC" folders).
c) Open folder "Util".
d) Open folder "CCC".
e) Please run the L3uninstall.bat.
f) When the uninstall has completed, restart the computer.

Next, I would like you to perform a disk cleanup on your computer: (This information is stated here.)

1. Right-click the Start button ( ) in the lower left corner of the screen, click Search , and then type Disk Cleanup
  2. Click Free up disk space by deleting unnecessary files .
  3. Select the drive containing the operating system and click OK .
  4. Select the appropriate check boxes to remove unnecessary components. The Disk Cleanup utility frees hard disk space on the computer by doing the following:
  5. Deletes temporary Internet files
  6. Deletes downloaded program files
  7. Empties the Recycle Bin
  8. Deletes files from the Temporary folder
  9. After you select the components that you want to remove, click OK .

Once this is complete, please perform a clean boot on your computer. I will provide a Microsoft document here to help you. Now, I would like you to install this HP software by using the Printer Install Wizard, which will find the appropriate software.

Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Have a great night! :smileyhappy:

I worked on behalf of HP.
Honor Student
Gasdoc
Message 3 of 7 (77 Views)

Thanks for the suggestions.  I have tried this, but still have problems.  I can access the preferences menu properly from HP solution centre, but it is still not working properly from PC settings or other apps.

Retired
Cheetah12
Message 4 of 7 (59 Views)

Thank you for this information.

I would recommend contacting HP technical support for further assistance. Click here to find out: HP Worldwide Contact.

Good luck.

Honor Student
Gasdoc
Message 5 of 7 (54 Views)

When I log in to HP Worldwide I just get prepared instructions which do not help, or I get referred back to the forum.  There appears to be no way that I can get someone at HP to answer a direct question.

Retired
Cheetah12
Message 6 of 7 (45 Views)

Could you provide the country you are living in on this post? Once you verify this, I can provide the appropriate contact information. I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Honor Student
Gasdoc
Message 7 of 7 (41 Views)

Country is United Kingdom, and I went to this site.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation