11-25-2010 03:41 AM
When I log on to my printer, I get (unknown device)
Disconnect device, error, error etc
I went into hip’s embodied server, to run the wireless wiz it, but I don’t know what the new IP address is for the printer,, after I made the changes in the wireless wiz it ,all I get is error, error lights. I can not print out the specification, to get the new IP address, all my other wireless devices are connected properly.
I Thing you in advice for your assistance
11-25-2010 11:27 PM
This is one of the common connectivity issues marring the benefits of having a wireless printer. In this situation your printer will not print when connected wirelessly but would need you to set it up with your system using a USB cable.
Try resetting the IP of your system to what is mentioned in the printer and in case there is a router connecting your printer and system then use the IP address of router and put it in your system.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)