Question

Honor Student
mrofficial
Message 1 of 4 (2,500 Views)

can not get my 7410 to scan

I have a HP Officejet 7410.  The OS is Windows 7. After I press the scan button on the printer, the error message on the printer is, "You need to install or run HP software for the feature."  I have already updated the drivers off the HP website.  The scan feature worked in the past but, my computer got "infected"  with something & I had it removed.  Now, I can't get it to work again.  What do I need to do to make the scan feature work?

Master's Graduate
JonW
Message 2 of 4 (2,498 Views)

Re: can not get my 7410 to scan

Hi,

Have you tried the Printer Install Wizard located at www.hp.com/go/tools

This will get you the Windows 7 Software for your device.

I hope this helps.

JonW

I work for HP
Teacher
vikramns
Message 3 of 4 (2,495 Views)

You can follow the steps in the link :

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02450835&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3645100&tmp...

If this answer was helpful or clarified the issue click the star to offer me a kudo as thanks.
If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution

Although I am an HP Employee, ALL of my posts express MY opinion, and not of HP, whatsoever.
Honor Student
mrofficial
Message 4 of 4 (2,486 Views)

I have the Officejet 7410 with OS Windows 7.  I uninstalled ALL HP drivers.  During re-install of the FULL driver software, I received this error message, "fatal error during installation".  The scan feature use to work on this printer  What shall I do next?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation